When CCW saves peoples lives thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cale View Post
    I have some issues with the 2nd example. If you watch the video, the man doesn't just try to stop the situation...he's out to kill them. The whole while as the two are tryin to flee he's shooting at their backs which IMO is completely unneccessary. The nail in the coffin for me was firing at the one guy as he's on the ground chest down because he lost his footing he was struggling so hard to get out of there...and the supposed good samaritan aims down to shoot him on the ground.

I know I'm probably holding the minority opinion here, but I think he was too eager to exercise his right to shoot and was in the wrong when his intentions turned from ending te situation to killing both the individuals while they were trying to flee and chases after them. Had he ran out the door I imagine he'd be seeing charges.

For the record, I'm pro CCW.
    What I saw was very different.The man saw his chance when the Criminal,who was threatening the victims in the store turned his back to him,and there were no innocents in the way.got up, pulled,and took his stance,and waited until the criminal swung his weapon toward the man and THEN he fired. The criminal started to flee and slipped and fell,I couldnt see if he was still armed and it kind of looks like the man couldnt tell either, but he was still moving,the man fired again,followed,and fired once more at the criminal,who presumably was still armed as he fled the store.

He was completly justified in continueing to fire at an armed criminal who was still a threat to him until the threat was resolved.

I do not carry for show,My Ruger is always loaded,and on my person outside the home,if threatened I will try to back down,but if it came down to it I will pull and I will shoot to kill the person who is threatening. When that person stops moving I will stop firing.There is no other reason to carry a firearm.I hope to god that this never happens,and that my firearms are never used outside the range.I obey the laws of my state when I carry.

My "kids" are grown and gone,on the infrequent occasion that children enter my home, my firearms are secured.

20 yr olds committing an armed robbery are not innocent children.

A handgun with an empty chamber is a brick.

I too am Pro CCW.I have one,and I lawfully carry.
    1990 325is "the rat"/ E30 Warsteiner tribute racecar/1985 325e "faded Glory"/ 1968 Chevy II Nova "the baby"/ 2001 525i 5spd purchased May 2013 with 16k miles. Plus other junk that annoys the neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
      This is such an embarrassingly bad argument you should really be ashamed of using it to make your point.

There's no correlation between this man defending his business and property from armed robbers and three children who unfortunately suffered injuries from children involved in accidental shootings due to negligent parents. NONE.

You should be raging about criminally negligent gun owners who don't keep their guns locked up around kids--it is extremely unfortunate such incidents happen as often as they do.
      Apparently you missed the post that mine was in reference to. I wasn't the one who made the argument or the point, it was Vedubin1. Note the very last sentence below:

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
      4 year old shoots himself in the head:

9 year old shot in the chest by brother:

17 month old shot by 28 month old:

We can go back and forth all day on pro-gun vs anti-gun. Bottom line is that guns kill far more innocent people every year than they do criminals. So while you may feel far safer carrying around a loaded, chambered, no-safety gun, numbers prove you're far more likely to shoot yourself or family member than any kind of threat.

"For every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally justifiable shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven criminal assaults or homicides, and 11 attempted or completed suicides." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9715182
      Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
      3 thieves drove some type of an auto through the wall of a gun shop located in North Augusta, SC at about 4am this morning. The owner responded to a silent alarm and engaged them with gun fire. 1 dead at the scene . The 2 others fled the scene only to seek help for thier wounds up the road at a Waffle House. The owner on the advice of his lawyer is keeping his mouth shut. And I don't blame him.
      Name of the shop is...........Guns and Ammo.
      This occured in Aiken county.

Score 1 for the good guys.

just matched your 3 :/
      You're one sick, twisted fuck if you think that 1 guy shooting 3 burglars offsets the fact that 3 innocent children have had their lives destroyed.

Comment

Why is always about saving the children with you lefties
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Why is it always about murdering innocent people with you righties...

See, we can go on and on. The facts don't lie http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9715182

Comment

Statistics geek checking in.

in 2008 there were 232 deaths by discharge of firearm with undetermined intent.

554 accidental deaths from discharge of firearm.

395 deaths from 'legal intervention'

To put this into perspective there 11,493 assault/homocides with firearms and 18,735 suicides with firearms (thats half of total suicides btw)

I am all for ccw and I think it makes our nation a 'safer' place~ but if you look at where all the firearm homocides/deaths are by county you will notice a trend around certain impoverished areas and cities... ie D.C., Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, and my beautiful home stomping grounds in North/South Carolina. Obviously the folks that have nothing to lose don't mind shooting at each other.... the chart above can break things down by race and age too if your interested in that kind of thing. I think in 90% of our country your weapon is far far far more likely to be used to assist in a suicide than to actually defend yourself. SO LOCK THAT SHIT UP

Fun facts: 24,518 folks died from alcohol induced death in 2008. 8,391 were in the 45-54 year bracket and 7381 were in the 55-64 bracket. ie not drunk college kids. How many alcohol deaths in the 15-24 age bracket? 186

39,147 died from drug-induced reasons... 12,000 of which were 45-54. Again.... not kids. Meth is a hell of a drug.

It looks like in total there were 31,347 injuries... not deaths... caused by firearms. People always talk about how the us has higher than average kills/deaths with firearms per 100,000 people....but if you look at WHERE in the us those assaults happened.... or if you consider that over 24,000 will DIE FROM FALLING....

Look at the cdc injury mapping page here: http://wisqars.cdc.gov:8080/cdcMapFr...eInterface.jsp

A CCW is really only going to do you any good if you are in a area where mofockas be trying to get you anyway... so if you are looking for stories of a 'CCW being successful?' I would look to the red counties where the shit is going down.... not most of our reletively safe and quiet country.

Another fun fact: now reverse the map and see where the suicides by firearms are.

Last edited by Q5Quint; 08-10-2012, 07:23 AM. Reason: sc is glorious and fun facts.

Comment

Why is it always about murdering innocent people with you righties...

See, we can go on and on. The facts don't lie http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9715182
              The facts may not lie, but the conclusions you draw from them are not necessarily the truth.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by JinormusJ
              Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
              1989 325is Raged on then sold.
              1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
              1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
              1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                My kids would never be in that situation as No one has the combo to my safe. My kids would also be taught the dangers of firearms and learn to respect them. Understanding that they are not toys.

No I don't feel bad for the family that failed to educate their kids or be stupid enough to leave one around for their child to get to.
                Likelihood the parents of the children wounded felt or said the same things and never thought they'd become statistics....high. Quit pretending you're a special snowflake and not susceptible to accidents like anyone else. It's like how the majority of drivers feel they're in the higher percentile of competent drivers on the road when in reality their ego gets in the way from them realizing their true shortcomings.

I'm not saying with certainty that you are incapable of protecting your children from making mistakes, I'm saying that the majority likely share the same views as you but accidents still occur. That discredits the trust we should put in those who promise their kids will never become a statistic.

Comment

Likelihood the parents of the children wounded felt or said the same things and never thought they'd become statistics....high. Quit pretending you're a special snowflake and not susceptible to accidents like anyone else. It's like how the majority of drivers feel they're in the higher percentile of competent drivers on the road when in reality their ego gets in the way from them realizing their true shortcomings.

I'm not saying with certainty that you are incapable of protecting your children from making mistakes, I'm saying that the majority likely share the same views as you but accidents still occur. That discredits the trust we should put in those who promise their kids will never become a statistic.

Troll keep tolling....

I actually own this exact safe and all of my guns are in there unless I am personally handling them. Im a bit over protective when it comes to firearms and NO NEVER would that happen in my household. No Special Snow Flake just was brought up to respect firearms for what they are, not toys.

Id be interested in finding out how many of these "accidental shootings" of children finding firearms had a gun safe in their house.
                  Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^you're one of the responsible ones. Most are not (like sleeve, who walks around with a loaded, chambered, no-safety pistol in his pants because his dick is small)

Comment

^you're one of the responsible ones. Most are not (like sleeve, who walks around with a loaded, chambered, no-safety pistol in his pants because his dick is small)
                      FUCK YOU.

DONT YOU FOR ONE FUCKING INSTANT CALL OR INFER THAT I AM AN IRRESPONSIBLE GUN OWNER

Ummmm I have a safe that houses many of my weapons.

Also I have no children, and I dont think my cats or dogs can operate a firearm. The wife is very proficient with those weapons as well, I am gone for MONTHS and MONTHS at time, she and the MIL are alone much of the time, we live in a very rural area where police response times are measured by hours in many cases. We have live stock, and also Bears, Wolves, Mt. Lions that can and will raid the pastures if they can or will try for you while out for a evening walk.

Next there is particular reasoning to my choice of carry weapon and last time I checked Dub shares them. No mechanical safety is 100% sure thing the only real safety is the one between your ears. Not to mention I spend much of my time in crappy hotels in strange sometime not so safe areas, a long as way form home.

When we have people over the various weapons that are in hiding spots around our home are put away in the safe to keep anyone form inadvertently getting into something they shouldn't.

I and my family are law abiding citizens, what the fuck gives you the right to deny myself and my family the rights to defend our selves and property from both human and animal predators???? I was raised in a home with weapons in it. I was taught respect for those tools from the time I was learning to walk, and the fact they were not toys. I never had toy guns as a kid, because GUNS ARE NOT TOYS!!!!! I had real guns and pellet/BB guns, and knew what happens when you point them at things and pull the trigger.

You keep living in your sheltered little existence in fairy tale land and go fuck yourself .
                      Last edited by mrsleeve; 08-10-2012, 05:57 PM.
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Nope that is how you carry certain pistols. Its got a safety release to allow it to be mostly ready. I carry a semi automatic Glock 19. I do not store one in the tube as there is no safety on a Glock.

You also have to remember Sleeve is out in the true Gods country welding oil pipe. When I went to Alaska you better believed I carried a lot more aggressively than I currently do.

There are those that do carry guns to stroke their ego. I think a lot of them are cops. But I know Sleeve is not one of those guys.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

thanks dub. Not a welder though, I keep the welders honest ;)

William Pitt-

Comment

Ndt? Good racket, talk about printing money.

Hidden guns around your home is a little nuts, do you have one of these too?

Kidding btw, to each their own. I just can't imagine that ever being necessary. This coming from someone who's spend months in the bush with only a thing layer of fabric between me and those very same animals you feel the need to build an arsenal to protect yourself from.

Comment

I wonder how many of these accident statistics involve ccw holders.There have been 2 around here in the past few months.
                              1990 325is "the rat"/ E30 Warsteiner tribute racecar/1985 325e "faded Glory"/ 1968 Chevy II Nova "the baby"/ 2001 525i 5spd purchased May 2013 with 16k miles. Plus other junk that annoys the neighbors.

Comment

Ndt? Good racket, talk about printing money.

Hidden guns around your home is a little nuts, do you have one of these too?

I dont think that works well with a waterbed :)

Comment

Working...
                                X