No announcement yet.

The Democrat Party self destructs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much for their union giving them job security.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      The best part is the bonus is a result of Union negotiations, not some shitty tax bill.
      Ummm Bonus's are not part of a union contract (in general)........ Thats for non-union employees and if they are paid to union employees that is above and beyond the contract and purely at the companies discretion..... Since 4/5th of the work force is getting them, seems like the employer is going above and beyond the contract so they are truly a bonus, if it was contractual it would be REQUIRED and NOT contingent on the tax bill being fucking singed ........ Yes AT&T had some contract negotiations that included some retroactive pay increases recently but that only effected 20k or so employees

Just because a very large company with 250k ish employees is restructuring a very minor part of their work force to better suit their current business model that effects .002% of its work force is some how wrong, and to pay them and the bulk of work force a bonus around the holidays as well is some how wrong......

Your grasping at straws and using your feelers rather than your head on this, you moral outrage is misplaced on this one..... There is a lot more to be pissed at AT&T for but this is not one of them. Sure getting a lay off sucks, but it happens every day to lots of people who go out and find another job.......

2man: Cat bringing production back to the sates to control quality was to uphold their quality control standards, A lower tax rate allows more incentive to establish more US based jobs with out raising end product pricing or looking to save a buck or 2 elsewhere to remain globally competitive .....
      Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-21-2017, 10:01 PM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        ^
        Regan had his faults ( I mentioned it one of the biggest ones in my last post) but he is brought up because his tax plan did just as it was supposed to do, spur the economy, and bring in record tax revenue to the feds.

Funny you bring this, up would you have been one of the ones screaming like chicken little at the end of the war that everything was going to come to a hault since the war dollars were going to stop flowing to the private sector?????

They did effect our economy, greatly in fact. Its why we have Obama care now and partially why we have such expensive health care. Due to the high taxation employers wishing to attract the best talent had to offer non income / nontaxable incentives like more and more elaborate health care insurance plans, retirement plans and other "fringe benefits" These benefits allowed them to "PAY"people more than their competition and lower the business TAX bill in the process.

We were the ONLY UNDAMAGED major manufacturing economy in the world after WWII, Our manufacturing technology and efficiency had improved dramatically in the WWII years. This status and now a "super power" had most of the world banking in the USA, and allowed our dollar to become supreme around the world a defacto world reserve currency (partially why oil is traded in dollars only). This lead to a massive surge in wealth investment in the USA, and our dollar and our economy leading the way for 40 years. When your nearly the only game in town your tax structure is not as important, thats not the case any longer........

I love how "yall" love to cut the human nature element out of these situations, people can and DO change their behavior based on many many things, from a national "effort" in a large scale multi front war to new peace time tax policy, to how much the garbage service costs every month.....

Dude, seriously, lay off the alcohol, pot, dogma.............you just equated WWII taxes on the upper income to Obamacare.

I couldn't read past that. You've become a ridiculous caricature of your own talking points. It's sad. Seriously. Truly. I feel bad.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
          All taxes are regressive. All taxes hamper economic growth. period. end of story.

per Alan Greenspan
          So, explain how that stifled one of the most prosperous times of our growth?

"It could have been better." That's hyperbole and conjecture.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Yeah I'm done arguing here, sleeve and gwb don't think the burden of truth applies to them, only fake news lying liberals.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

sleeve and grandpa need to read this and take it to heart

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Maybe you should have finished the answer to your question it ties together. There was far more at play driving the USA's prosperity from the end of WWII till the mid 1970's. Trying to "if-then" based solely on tax rates for that time period is burying your head in the sand, with your fingers in your ears going LA LALALALALALALA I cant hear you.....
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  So, explain how that stifled one of the most prosperous times of our growth?

"It could have been better." That's hyperbole and conjecture.
                  ok so i try to refer to someone you might put credence in, Alan Greenspan

YES the economy would have grown faster and bigger without ANY taxes.
                  It's such a blinding glimpse of the obvious I don't think anyone with any ability to think for themselves could even question it?

there never has been any government multiplier to income tax revenues collected. EVERY dollar taken out of the economy regresses economic growth.

you cannot take something away and wind up with more.

none of which argues that there should be no taxes at all. in before the obvious comment.
                  “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Maybe you should have finished the answer to your question it ties together. There was far more at play driving the USA's prosperity from the end of WWII till the mid 1970's. Trying to "if-then" based solely on tax rates for that time period is burying your head in the sand, with your fingers in your ears going LA LALALALALALALA I cant hear you.....
                    ok so i try to refer to someone you might put credence in, Alan Greenspan

YES the economy would have grown faster and bigger without ANY taxes.
                    It's such a blinding glimpse of the obvious I don't think anyone with any ability to think for themselves could even question it?

there never has been any government multiplier to income tax revenues collected. EVERY dollar taken out of the economy regresses economic growth.

you cannot take something away and wind up with more.

none of which argues that there should be no taxes at all. in before the obvious comment.

If I'm honest, I'm fucking shocked I predicted your answer.

Oh wait I'm not............

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      If I'm honest, I'm fucking shocked I predicted your answer.

Oh wait I'm not............
                      so what you're saying is reason and logic fall on deaf ears.

as you said, predictable
                      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Brian L. Roberts announced thatComcast would award special $1,000 bonuses to more than one hundred thousand eligible frontline and non-executive employees.

Comcast following suit as ma bell....

William Pitt-

Comment

According to the most recent IRS data, for the 2013 tax year, 30.1 percent of households chose to itemize their deductions (44 million returns). 68.5 percent of households chose to take the standard deduction (101 million returns).Feb 22, 2016. Thought you wanted to punish the richers (by the tone of this post of yours) and make them pay more taxes...... Thats what this does.....

So 68% of the people are making out much better in this deal. 1 minute Google search. Top of the page. Which is the intention of this this cut, help lower and middle income earners keep more of their money
                          Right and I'm trying to tell you that in high property tax states there are plenty of people that would see themselves as the lower half of the socio-economic ladder (relative to the rest of their local area)--the ones that you claim will be aided by this "tax cut" that are affected by the property tax cap, and therefore have to pay more in taxes, not less.

The problem that I have is that someone making $60k in NJ is not the same as someone making $60k in TN. They can both buy a $350k house except the guy in NJ will be paying $10-15k in taxes and the guy in TN will be paying $1-3k. The tax cut will help the guy in TN but will hurt the guy in NJ.

Just because you did a google search doesn't mean anything. My point was always that there are plenty of people that are "middle class" that will not be so happy about these tax cuts. My local paper ran the headline today "Should you prepay your property taxes for next year?". This isn't something that affects just people with $1m+ homes around where I live.

I was being a bit cheeky by saying that it isn't surprising that many of the people that find themselves in this situation were Hillary supporters in coastal states.

And nowhere in there did I say I wanted to tax wealthy people more. You guys like to infer things that I didn't say. I just don't want 30% of the population to get shafted because I happen to fall into that category and I'm by no means in the 1%.

Comment

ok so i try to refer to someone you might put credence in, Alan Greenspan.
                            Again.

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                            Although Greenspan helped "soft land" a recession early in his career at the Fed... he also helped to severely worsen one at the tail end of his career as well.

Don't hold Greenspan (or any other Rand disciples) as gospel. You have to take each situation on it's principles/conditions/merits and not make absolute statements when it comes to government policy. Sometimes Right wing philosophy is the best course of action... and sometimes Left wing philosophy is.

But nobody thinks like that anymore. Who wants to use their brain when they can blindly follow one party or another. Makes staying informed so much easier and less time consuming.
                            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                            -----------------------------------------
                            91 318is Turbo Sold
                            87 325 Daily driver Sold
                            06 4.8is X5
                            06 Mtec X3
                            05 4.4i X5 Sold
                            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                            90 325i Sold
                            97 328is Sold
                            01 323ci Sold
                            92 325i Sold
                            83 528e Totaled