Labor Cost of Replacing Heater Blower Motor and Resistor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
    OP it's worth your time doing it yourself.
    Eh, I think that's a bit presumptuous to be completely honest. It may very well NOT be worth his time to do it himself. What if OP has a wife and kids he loves to spend time with when not at his job and due to other obligations simply doesn't have time to mess around with something he may or may not know tons of things about. What if he simply isn't a person who is good with their hands has mechanical aptitude?

Experience is what makes the job easy, not the job itself. Not having a feel for mechanical things is what ends up complicating easy jobs. Things you and I wouldn't think twice about could possibly throw and inexperienced person for a loop they simply aren't willing to deal with. Think about the headache the first time you cross thread a bolt. I'm sure we could find an example in another industry that you and I are not familiar with that is considered "easy" that would not be a walk in the park having no background in that field.

Just putting that out there. It's 100% worth it for many people to pay others to work on their cars. That is why there are so many shops out there!

Comment

I just had mine replaced by the shop last year. The heater core valve was ~$350? I thought I was getting ripped off so I called a few places and it was about that price. The labor was about 5 hours or so. The car was already in the shop doing the final check with my 24v swap when that occurred...it sucked.

Comment

Those complaining about replacing the blower motor on an e30, clearly have never attempted to replace a blower motor on a Volvo 240 series.
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
        X