No announcement yet.

DIY - Smoked Ellipsoids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not that hard, just take your time. I did break on of the high beams but has a replacement, just not as clear as the one i broke. Look at Jordos post above for directions

Originally posted by vlad
    Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

I'm confused. To "smoke" them, you can paint this inside part (the reflector?) black, and it will still be okay to use? I got misleaded on ebay when I thought the set i was purchasing was mint, when you can see even in the picture that the reflectors have dulled, among other junkyard rotting, making me afraid to put them on. However, smoking them seems like an option. I just need to find some new lenses and i'm in business.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen
        I'm confused. To "smoke" them, you can paint this inside part (the reflector?) black, and it will still be okay to use? I got misleaded on ebay when I thought the set i was purchasing was mint, when you can see even in the picture that the reflectors have dulled, among other junkyard rotting, making me afraid to put them on. However, smoking them seems like an option. I just need to find some new lenses and i'm in business.

Yeah, paint the reflectors...let me know how it works out for you.
        Trevor Ely
        '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
        '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

NO PAINT REFECTORS!!

God damn, look back in the post to jordos post, there are two links. READ, friggen morons

Originally posted by vlad
          Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Yeah, the lights look like hella stock, hahaha can u do mine??! lol
            Recent Rebranding!!
            Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
            E30 SM62/S62
            E30 M60 V8
            E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
            Instagram.com/garageaholic
            Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

hahahahahhahaha laZy ass bast**ds!!!!!! ADD board here!
              what the hell have you done to those lights!???!!!??? there is a bunch of stuff missing in there, and there is no reflectiveness left! those are going to be garbage!!
              good luck with your new half output lights!

Comment

i've done nothing to these lights. I purchased them that way not knowing they were in horrible shape. Probably sat in a junkyard for 5 years.

yes, i'm too lazy to read.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen
                  i've done nothing to these lights. I purchased them that way not knowing they were in horrible shape. Probably sat in a junkyard for 5 years.

yes, i'm too lazy to read.
                  The hella's reflectors are bad for the paint coming off. Wouldn't try wiping them off. Bosch's are bare metal I believe.
                  Trevor Ely

Comment

thats why I got bosch's ;)
                    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

FYI..... Jordan's pages come up with an error.

Comment

I heard that to get the "smoked" effect you have to paint the inside of the lights w/ a light purple. Something like the ellips distorting the color and if you use black it looks blue or something!! Just thought you should know

Really though that would make your headlights AWSOME!!!!!!!!!
                        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer
                          thats why I got bosch's ;)

The Hella's are plastic buckets, so they don't rust though. Also, I've got a set of old Bosch Euro low's in my bedroom, and the reflectors, despite being bare metal, aren't all that shiny either. My set of Hella Euros, which are plastic, are much shinier.
                          Trevor Ely

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3n528
                            The Hella's are plastic buckets, so they don't rust though. Also, I've got a set of old Bosch Euro low's in my bedroom, and the reflectors, despite being bare metal, aren't all that shiny either. My set of Hella Euros, which are plastic, are much shinier.
                            well I lied...its just one of the reasons.

BTW mine are shiny ;)

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer
                              well I lied...its just one of the reasons.

BTW mine are shiny ;)
                              mine are still shinier ;)
                              HDE30 <3

Comment

you can toss them in the trash, the elip. piece is missing. hella andd bosch-- the same thing, depends when they made them. some metal, some plastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X