Tokico Illumina Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokico Illumina Fail

Does anyone know if Tokico warranty their struts? Mine failed on installation. About 3 weeks ago I purchased a set of front adjustable Tokico Illumina's (White) from another member on R3v. I let them sit for about 2 weeks then took my towers apart to install the new inserts. While installing the driver side, my strut broke from just below the threaded tip that ties it up to the bearing and hat. All the liquid came squirting out and the strut assembly fell part. Luckily I have a friend that had an extra Bilstein sport strut insert at his house about 30 minutes away in Fontana. I drove out there at 6:00 PM to pick it up and installed it before the cold got colder.
    So long story short, I am on a Tokico on my passenger side and a Bilstein on the driver side. I am eventually going to replace the Tokico with the second Bilstein my buddy has just to keep it uniform (I have new Bilstein shocks in the rear). I was just excited that I was going to have the option to choose my ride with the adjustable feature the Tokico's have.
    Anyhow, any information is deeply welcomed and appreciated.
    I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
    1989 325i Alpine White
Working...
X