Wheel shipping help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel shipping help!

So I'm down In Port st. Lucie Fla and I got a sick deal on some super rare wheels. Despite their ultimate baller status and substantial amount of monetary value, the dad is unwilling to let them stay in his garage any longer, and I have to have them boxed and shipped by the 10th when I leave. Do any members around here(martin county to northern broward) have any 17 inch wheel boxes? For that matter do any of you have, or have access to tire machines, or know the cheapest way to ship them? I'm really trying to avoid going to a wheel shop and begging for old wheel boxes, then getting raped at the ups store. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    -There are two undeniable truths in the tuning world; No matter how much money you put into that Honda, it's still a Honda, and no matter how little I put into My bimmer , It's still a bimmer.-

5 days left, getting desperate
    -There are two undeniable truths in the tuning world; No matter how much money you put into that Honda, it's still a Honda, and no matter how little I put into My bimmer , It's still a bimmer.-

Comment

There might be a box store that just sells boxes. try finding one of those in your area. I think DHL is the cheapest to ship, but they're also the most unreliable.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
      And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

I think asking for some free boxes at the wheel shop is a great idea. I don't get what you're trying to do? Keep the wheels? SHip them to yourself? Sell them?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Lol I live in ct but I bought wheels in fla and I need to get them on their way to ct by the time I leave on the tenth

Comment

Just go to Discount Tire/America's Tire or the equivalent and ask nicely. I get wheel boxes all the time from my local shops.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
            MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
            | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Yea nothing wrong with going to discount tire, last time i went there with new wheels they asked for the boxes because they were low on them or just drive behind the building everytime I go they are piled up in the dumpster. Get some polystyrene sheets at home depot to line the boxes for protection and ship them bundled up as two packs.
              sigpic

Comment

I figured tire and wheel shops would have some spare boxes, I just thought that if a local member had some taking up room somewhere, I could totally have used them. If dhl is the cheapest and they offer insurance, I'm totally buying that when I ship them...

Comment

Once you figure out how much it is to ship a set of wheels, post it up. I might have to ship some, and it would be good to know how much I should charge for shipping.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                  And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
                    Yea nothing wrong with going to discount tire, last time i went there with new wheels they asked for the boxes because they were low on them or just drive behind the building everytime I go they are piled up in the dumpster. Get some polystyrene sheets at home depot to line the boxes for protection and ship them bundled up as two packs.

+1 and put a couple layers of heavy cardboard between the 2 wheels.

Shipping has gotten bloody expensive, and we all have to get used to it, like it or not. You can price dhl/fedex/ups/usps all online once you are packed.

Comment

Last time I sent a wheel, it was about 20-25 bucks for a single wheel, So Cal to Nor. Cal. This was last summer and it was pretty light too I think 18 pounds including box and packing material.
                      sigpic

Comment

Don't waste your time trying to get DHL - they closed the total US operation @ 3 weeks ago & only do international shipments now.

Fedx "ground" is your cheapest way - when the boxes are filled, tape 2 together (it doesn't exceed weight or size limit) & then your charged for only shipping 2 not 4 packages. You can figure the cost online - wild guess is @$130 for all 4 Fla to CT.
                        [I

Comment

I bought boxes from lowes. They have a bunch of different sizes that will fit what you need.

Comment

dhl was 16.00 per wheel as of last night. Ups was 20.00. Not too bad!

Comment

so none of the wheel or tire shops around have wheel boxes, so i'm back to begging local members. Hopefully someones around, otherwise I'm off to lowe's. Thanks for the tip e30this

Comment

Working...
                              X