No announcement yet.

iron first in a velvet glove the build of my m30b35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is he going to do a aftermarket intake to adapt his kits to the big bore spacing engines?
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

We where going the route of cutting the standard plenum & fitting the ITB slightly further away from the head. Id be working on an enclosed intake to see flow to each throttle as balances as possible. I know he did a fair bit of flow work with the one he now offers for the m20's.

I'm leaning towards the s38 option as the are spaced near perfect for the m30, & he has successfully fitted up s38 itbs to an m30 in the past

Comment

sub'd

Comment

there is even an adapter plate already out there for M30 to S38 ITBs.
          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
            there is even an adapter plate already out there for M30 to S38 ITBs.
            Is that the Paul Burke one? I've tried finding them but they appear to sell once in a blue moon.

If it comes to it I will measure up an adapter & try my hand at machining it at home, gives me an excuse to buy a milling machine(Might have to give more reason to my other half)

Comment

I don't know if paul makes them anymore, but a set is usually for sale on UK or DE ebay.

edit: here
              cars beep boop

Comment

I don't know if paul makes them anymore, but a set is usually for sale on UK or DE ebay.

You are a Gentleman & a Sir, I'll have a look at them now, hopefully they will post them to Aus

Comment

Pulled down my head today surprised with how clean it was though there was minor scoring on the cam, & wrapped up my cam to keep it safe

Taking the rocker arms to get treated this Thursday

& here is the details to the cam for anyone wondering, ignore the m30b25 on the sheet it's most assured for the b35

Comment

Very cool.
                    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

I port matched a set of these for jb325is.

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Will be getting them port matched much like your work Lorin, should have the s38 ITB in 3wks time(would have been sooner but got my bank card skimmed & they cleaned out my account tad frustrating).

Ordering the adapters tomorrow, & getting an ECS list together of parts to order, along with one for IE

Comment

Rocker arms are off getting some love, the guy working on them didn't have much nice things to say about the OEM castings. I should see them back this week/early next & I'm intrigued to see the results.

I nearly bit the bullet early on ordering valves for the M30 through IE but held off, then realized the e34 m30b35 valves are +1mm oversized from the early motors. Tossing up PPM or VAC options now.

Chatting with my old man about my plans, & after that now I'm looking for a spare short engine to tear down;

PPM rod & piston combo 11.0:1 comp
                          New rod & main bearings
                          Sort oil pump/nut

Ahhh so much for a budget....... On a plus the current m30 in my car will end up swapped into my GF 89 318i coupe so its a 2 birds 1 stone approach(this lets me justify the cost of the swap, don't find flaws in my logic)

Comment

speak to rama or local head guy he might know a local source for valves. VAC used to use Manley valves dont know if they still do. Also PPF sell valves doesnt say sizes but can contact Andreas
                            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

So the PPM option is 47mm intake(+1mm intake) & 39mm exhaust(+2mm). Can I ask who did you head work? Your m20 build is a work of art, I'd like to get the head work started sooner than later & worry if I leave it till August when Rama is back in Aus I'll be cutting time plans down to the wire

Comment

Small update I got my rockers back from being peened, he also crack tested & radius-ed some of the edges to remove stress points.

Picking up the s38b36 itb's this weekend, & dropped my rocker cover & cam case of to get painted/hyro dipped. Feels good to get stuff crossed off the list.... & then I add more

Comment

Working...
                                X