M106 turbo system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    I decided this was the best way to deal with the oil feed situation. Much easier and should still look pretty clean when done: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...&postcount=181

Does anyone have input on good spark plugs to use for this setup? Should I use stock m106 plugs, or try and find a colder m30b35 plug?
    I would use the plug that BMW designed the engine to use from factory, they know the best plug range to keep it from pre-ignition/detonation

IMO mye28 is the BEST place for m30/turbo information.

"What spark plugs should I use?
    It is recommended that when turbocharging that you drop two to three heat ranges on your plugs. NGK and Denso make plugs which work well in turbo applications. I run
    NGK BPR7ES which well and are 2 ranges colder than stock. BPR8ES also work well and are 3 ranges colder than stock and work well for higher boost levels. NGK’s numbering system has the heat range decreasing (ie – colder) as the number increases, so the 8 is colder than the 7 (stock is a 5). I gap mine to 0.028” and have no problems with spark blowout. Also keep in mind that heat ranges between brands may not correlate directly. "
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
    X