No announcement yet.

Renting an FR-S Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not really a fair comparison.....35yr old luxury sports car design from the 80s, vs a ~4yr old economy sports car design.

I've had a go of a GT86, not bad for a brand new car, basically what you would expect from a car built in the current climate of uber safety features, plastic interiors and the fun police. Fun? yeah sure, comfortable - definitely, much of a soul? nope not really. but did you ever expect it to have character and soul? its a 30k economy sports car from toyota. Maybe it will have some soul in 35yrs time compared to the 2052 Toyota flying car.

Will be interesting to see how many survive 35 years......

For 30k aud you can get a brand new one, that's pretty good i reckon for what you get.

I really wanna have a go of that hardtop/targa top mx5.....the turbo one:D

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
      Well, the back end wanted to rotate, the front end just pushed. You can't manage either well. I like tail happy cars with instant turn in, but with the traction control off, it pushed at turn in, then went snap oversteer with zero warning. With traction control on, turn in felt ok, but then just when the back end started to rotate it would push. I've ridden in the Subi version and it felt much the same from the passenger seat.

Will
      That doesn't sound great. Sounds like maybe diff setup issues? Lockup too aggressive?
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Would love to try an FR-S out on an autocross course. Can't say I noticed much understeer during the street driving I did, most impressive thing was the weight balance. FR-S feels like it rotates around your hips, in the E30 you feel the weight of the engine up front more.
        1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Odd because the E30 has nearly 50/50 handling. are your suspension worn? Majority of new cars understeer the factories set them up that way so you don't do a Darwin.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
          X