custom HPI nitro mt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom HPI nitro mt

anyone interested in my rc car. it has a savage k4.6 engine, 2 speed tranny, aluminum control arms, bumper, and steering, luminum hot bodies shox with adjustable collars for spring stiffness. its really really fast. just need some extra cash. asking $150 obo plus shipping. everything is ready to run, just need fuel. if your local i can even throw that in.

Last edited by E30nate; 02-09-2009, 07:10 PM.

So, how did you get the extra 35-40mph out of the car? The new version, the mt2 goes 45 tops, so how does your mt1 go 85-90? Just wondering.

Comment

it has a 2 speed with a savage 4.6. puts out 3 hp instead of 1.5 hp

Comment

Originally posted by E30nate View Post
        it has a 2 speed with a savage 4.6. puts out 3 hp instead of 1.5 hp
        The savage 4.6 rtr has a 2 speed and goes 45 tops also, so did you change the gearing, or just the motor, just curious, cuz that's quicker than the new electrics out, so wondering if I'm missing out on something at the RC shop I work at.

Comment

Look at the clutchbell.. second gear is about half the size of the spur gear, and if I recall correctly, the NMT's diffs are geared pretty tall (at least compared to the Savage). Dunno though, haven't pulled mine out of the attic in a couple years.

In any case, an NMT going 90 mph is going to have incredibly shitty acceleration from being geared that tall. (and be out of radio range in about 4 seconds of WOT).
          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
            Look at the clutchbell.. second gear is about half the size of the spur gear, and if I recall correctly, the NMT's diffs are geared pretty tall (at least compared to the Savage). Dunno though, haven't pulled mine out of the attic in a couple years.

In any case, an NMT going 90 mph is going to have incredibly shitty acceleration from being geared that tall. (and be out of radio range in about 4 seconds of WOT).
            Yeah your right, but he's also going from a taller tire to a much smaller tire, which is going to make it max out quicker. If it actually does, I think its awesome, just never heard of this, and I have friends who have done the savages w/ the dual motors and all of that, so curious about this is all.

Comment

the 2 speed is off of a rs4, which has way smaller tires, so the bigger tires will give it a higher top speed. the savage also weighs more than twice as much as the mt.

Comment

the 2 speed is off of a rs4, which has way smaller tires, so the bigger tires will give it a higher top speed. the savage also weighs more than twice as much as the mt.
                Have you blown up the transmission yet? Cuz in the parts list w/ the 2 speed transmission, its labelled as (on road only!).
                Nitro RS4 parts list

Comment

ive stripped a couple gears, thats about it. i know of multiple people that use the same tranny on the same truck.

not to be a dick, but if you wanna talk about it more, could you pm me instead of messing up my fs thread?

Comment

ive stripped a couple gears, thats about it. i know of multiple people that use the same tranny on the same truck.

not to be a dick, but if you wanna talk about it more, could you pm me instead of messing up my fs thread?
                    Sorry, thought maybe knowing a bit more about the custom stuff you've done would help the for sale thread.

Comment

bump with a huge price drop. really need this thing sold

Comment

Working...
                      X