No announcement yet.

Rock Auto for e30 parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever seen their commercials? I have no reason to believe a place that would present themselves in such a poorly made way could be of any real merit.

WARNING
    : You should probably close your blinds, open up a private browsing window, and turn down your speakers for this video. Would hate to have anyone you know see you watching this:
    RockAuto (http://www.rockauto.com/) ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at reliably low prices. Ea...

Jokes aside you may have to just bite the bullet on this one. If rockauto wont work with you, just sell it like you said. Someone out there is looking for that particular radiator. Recoup a portion of your money and never deal with those douches again.

Several people in this thread have suggested reputable online retailers and I would add rmeuropean.com to that list. I have also had good experiences with using ECS tuning, Turner Motorsports, Pelican, and of course, Bavauto. Finally, if youre ever in need of a part number for your car you need to use realoem.com to guide you in the right direction

Comment

Originally posted by joonsup View Post
      Thanks for the link. Im actually looking for a behr branded radiator. If its that hard to find one for my car ill just pick up the nissen brand
      Bought my behr from turnermotorsport a few years ago. Best deal I found for the behr, other the dealer.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them. Hit up Blunt for any part needs, they're great to deal with

Comment

Rockauto is fine if you treat it like what it is - a place to get cheap parts cheaply. I've had zero problems with them, but you have to pay attention. If you expect bespoke service go to blunt.

Why would you ever not open a package and look at it right when you got it? What if it was damaged?
          Originally posted by LJ851
          I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

RockAuto's database will never be 100% accurate. The amount of parts they carry is insane. I use em occasionally, especially for my domestic GM vehicles and didn't have any problems. But I never rely on their part numbers and always cross reference with other stores.

The ONE problem I had was with an AC evaporator for my old Jeep that didn't fit. Turns out the manufacturer listed it for my vehicle even though it was for a different generation Jeep, and RockAuto listed it according to the manufacturer. Amazon, Summit and other places also listed the part incorrectly.
            Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
              Rockauto is fine if you treat it like what it is - a place to get cheap parts cheaply. I've had zero problems with them, but you have to pay attention. If you expect bespoke service go to blunt.

Why would you ever not open a package and look at it right when you got it? What if it was damaged?

I opened it amd saw no damange. However i did not notice the placement of the inlet and outlet orientation as i didn't get around to working on thr car till a couple months later. I just trusted that what i ordered via their online catalog was accurate for a 1989 bmw 325i manual with ac

Comment

Originally posted by Q8y_drifter View Post
                RockAuto's database will never be 100% accurate. The amount of parts they carry is insane. I use em occasionally, especially for my domestic GM vehicles and didn't have any problems. But I never rely on their part numbers and always cross reference with other stores.

The ONE problem I had was with an AC evaporator for my old Jeep that didn't fit. Turns out the manufacturer listed it for my vehicle even though it was for a different generation Jeep, and RockAuto listed it according to the manufacturer. Amazon, Summit and other places also listed the part incorrectly.

Ive never used summit or amazon for car parts but thanks for the heads-up. Ive always used autohaus, rmeuropean, pelican, and a couple other places and never had any issues with them semding me parts that dont fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpinweiss II View Post
                  Have you ever seen their commercials? I have no reason to believe a place that would present themselves in such a poorly made way could be of any real merit.

WARNING
                  : You should probably close your blinds, open up a private browsing window, and turn down your speakers for this video. Would hate to have anyone you know see you watching this:
                  RockAuto (http://www.rockauto.com/) ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at reliably low prices. Ea...

Jokes aside you may have to just bite the bullet on this one. If rockauto wont work with you, just sell it like you said. Someone out there is looking for that particular radiator. Recoup a portion of your money and never deal with those douches again.

Several people in this thread have suggested reputable online retailers and I would add rmeuropean.com to that list. I have also had good experiences with using ECS tuning, Turner Motorsports, Pelican, and of course, Bavauto. Finally, if youre ever in need of a part number for your car you need to use realoem.com to guide you in the right direction
                  Good info. Thanks man

Comment

Yikes

I need an afm and rock is one of the few that have them and for a good price. Now I'm scared to order it....
                    My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                    I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Well, get one from a forum member for ~$70, order one from RA for ~$90 or get one from BavRest for ~$250.

Just keep in mind that you get exactly what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                        Well, get one from a forum member for ~$70, order one from RA for ~$90 or get one from BavRest for ~$250.

Just keep in mind that you get exactly what you pay for.
                        Thanks for the info. I don't know what RA is but I'll figure it out. I'm new around here so I'm not sure bugging a forum member would be a good idea or not.
                        My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                        I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by 325e '87 View Post
                          Thanks for the info. I don't know what RA is but I'll figure it out. I'm new around here so I'm not sure bugging a forum member would be a good idea or not.
                          RA=Rock Auto, search for sale threads/make a WTB instead of bothering people. It's not hard, just be sensible and you'll get the same from others here.

Comment

Working...
                          X