Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something of interest to our Canadian members (and make our US ones jealous!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something of interest to our Canadian members (and make our US ones jealous!)

An E30 enthusiast in Newfoundland started a petition to parliament to get the 15-year import rule for cars from outside North America changed. He managed to get his MP to sponsor it, and now we need 500 signatures to have it tabled in Parliament.

Here's the link--please take 30 seconds to fill it out and acknowledge the confirmation email! Thanks!

(America's 25-year rule is )

Our 25 rule might be BS, but our second amendment rule is pretty nice [emoji379] [emoji1] I hope you get the signatures!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
      Our 25 rule might be BS, but our second amendment rule is pretty nice [emoji379] [emoji1] I hope you get the signatures!

I don't speak for all Canadian's but personally I'm pretty happy about our lack of the second amendment up here. To each their own though!

Bring on the rare imports! Signed it.
      Steve • Toronto
      1991 318is • Brillantrot
      Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
        I don't speak for all Canadian's but personally I'm pretty happy about our lack of the second amendment up here. To each their own though!

Bring on the rare imports! Signed it.
        I wish our country liked hockey as much as yours does. ��
        1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
        2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
        2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
          I wish our country liked hockey as much as yours does. ��
          Are you trying to tell me that Arizona isn't a buzzing hockey mecca!?
          Steve • Toronto
          1991 318is • Brillantrot
          Build Thread

Comment

We have the Fort Worth Braums and the Dallas Stars as far as hockey goes [emoji106] I find hockey more entertaining than football or other ball-sports

Comment

Nevada is, apparently, or so we are told. Also, what's locally relevant about Golden Knights?

It's great that you folks in Canada have a simple way to get initiatives acted on, wish we had anything similar.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                Nevada is, apparently, or so we are told. Also, what's locally relevant about Golden Knights?

It's great that you folks in Canada have a simple way to get initiatives acted on, wish we had anything similar.
                I think someone tried doing this via the "we the people" petition page on the white house website. Never got enough signatures as I recall...

Comment

I'm sorry, but I highly doubt that I'll ever be jealous of Canada.
                  My Garage
                  2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                  1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                  1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                  Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                    I would say the same about myself and the States.
                    Steve • Toronto
                    1991 318is • Brillantrot
                    Build Thread

Comment

Seems scammy.. still waiting on email confirmation triple checked I typed it right..

*Edit* confirmation showed up. Petetion signed. If this passes now maybe I can get a Silvia...

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by RobTapps88; 04-29-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                        Sure sure... R34 anyone oh wait... XD

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Comment

Eh, honestly I couldn't really care less about the R34. Its a beautiful car, but I have no interest in owning or driving one.
                          My Garage
                          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Will sign this!

As for the previous comments, both have their positives and negatives, we have very limited gun violence up here which is pretty nice. Downside, we don't have the ability to move to drastically different cities/climates like you do. Living in San Fran/San Diego/California in general would be amazing, I love the heat and hot climates but the best I can do is Vancouver - which isn't hot and it rains 90% of the year.

Plus it's effin expensive as shit to live here. Family detached houses with small to no yard, start at $900k and that's 30-45 minutes out of Vancouver.

All in all, very happy to be Canadian though - especially with dipshit Trump at the helm.
                            2016 F-150
                            1987 Royalblau 325es B25 turbocharged

Build thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405594

Comment

Working...
                            X