Ireland Long-tube headers ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvmotorsports View Post
    that sounds damn good. is there a set out there for the M42?

the m42 headers are already the best you can put on from the factory!!

Comment

Originally posted by E30FreaK89 View Post
      the m42 headers are already the best you can put on from the factory!!
      i have heard that. wasn't sure if it was true. guess it is. thanks.
      Originally posted by jrhaile
      For the record I have never fucked a goat.

Comment

how much of a power gain? 5whp?

Comment

Okay, I'll talk now.

I looked at a set today that I am certain were from Ireland (didn't want to talk out of the side of my neck).

The build quality on these though pretty on the outside is: Not the best shit ever.
          The welds are rough and dirty, the attempts at cleaning them up for the "show" were obvious when compared to the set I saw that purchased from IE.

The "marbles" left from welding and hard edges in the seams will cause localized super-heating that will eventually (sooner than latter) lead to failure.

The design is very familiar to me and I suspect that they are direct coppies produced somewhere in Asia.

Like I said, I didn't want to talk out of the side of my neck, I wouldn't speak up untill I had verified with my own "hands on" and I got that opportunity today.

Comment

I've been trying to tell people for a long time that the IE headers were the same crap budget beater and ebay were peddling - made in china junk.

they sure look pretty though! :p
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'm going to be buying headers at some point for the 2.7i build I just started, so this thread is good info to stay away from the IE's.

What would you guys reccomend? I've heard the Bav Auto headers are really good, as are the Supersprints.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                I've been trying to tell people for a long time that the IE headers were the same crap budget beater and ebay were peddling - made in china junk.

they sure look pretty though! :p
                Having now seen for my self also makes some other things I've heard about other IE products a bit more credible.

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
                  Having now seen for my self also makes some other things I've heard about other IE products a bit more credible.
                  At least we know their springs are good, they're made by Eibach. :D

I love my stage III's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                    I'm going to be buying headers at some point for the 2.7i build I just started, so this thread is good info to stay away from the IE's.

What would you guys reccomend? I've heard the Bav Auto headers are really good, as are the Supersprints.
                    Stahl.

But they are a bit pricey at $949.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Anybody have anything to say about these from BMP? Im looking for a quality header for my swap plans. The ebay ones look pretty and are super cheap but as you guys say they are probably bound to fail. Id like something thats decent quality for not a whole shit ton of money. any suggestions?

Comment

shorty headers = bleh

they look nice though!
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by quillbro View Post
                          Id like something thats decent quality for not a whole shit ton of money. any suggestions?
                          Cheap, fast, reliable.

Pick two.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                          X