E30 RHD 1985 320i Throttle Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 RHD 1985 320i Throttle Cable

So after noticing that the accelerator cable on my e30 was clearly past it’s best days seriously and seriously slack which was clearly responsible for a certain lack of power... it has now snapped

I’m looking to replace it ASAP but am having real difficulty determining a suitable replacement and trying to get hold of it...

The official OEM part number is 35411154504.... but this seems impossible to locate.Would actually ANY Right Hand Drive e30 throttle cable be a suitable replacement?

You try contacting e30zone forum.
    Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Well...funny you should mention that but I’ve been trying to sign up to e30 zone for a while now,but get an error every time I try to do so...contacted the webmaster to no avail...

Comment

A quick look at the usual parts suppliers suggests that they are no longer available.

I'd suggest that second hand is probably the only option (lets face it - they don't break very often).

Not sure if that's an M20 one or not...
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

That does unfortunately seem to be the case as I I’ve searched high and low to find one... which is crazy as there is an absolute abundance of LHD cables,many of which are even newly manufactured!

Due to it being so problematic to acquire one I was wondering whether a later e30 or equivalent would suffice?afterall it is literally only a bit of cable pulling a very simple throttle mechanism

Comment

I'm sure you have something similar in UK. Custom motorcycle builders do it all the time

If you cannot find a throttle cable with the specifications that you require from our vast product selection, this CUSTOM guide will give you the opportunity to order a custom throttle control cable. Please note that any custom throttle cables that are ordered cannot be returned unless

We offer a variety of throttle cables and linkages. We can even make custom throttle cables to your specifications.

Comment

So thanks to a private message from ‘Uturn’ in here I managed to score an OEM RHD throttle cable from Denmark of all places.

Having installed the cable and adjusted it I am pleased to say that the beast has never driven better and that Kickdown now actually fully engages and certainly adds the missing thrust!

It means however that when stomping down the engine can reach 7000 RPM in a snap!Is this actually even safe??I hope so because it sounds AMAZING!
              Last edited by TheWolfman; 10-29-2018, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Cool - was that through Schmiedmann? I order most of my parts from Denmark!

Comment

No it was a place called Koed.Great service,only gripe I have is that your first name needs to consist of at least 5 characters on their web form,mine doesn’t and ironically is actually Scandinavian.....:p Odd!

Comment

Soooo....7000RPM on a 84’ 320i.....good,bad,crazy??

Comment

7000rpm is doable with a 2.0L M20 - the 66mm stroke helps it rev! Swap out the cam and put in some heavy duty rockers (they're the weak link). To make the most of the revs you'd probably want to add some headers + triple Webbers or ITBs.

Will sound great - how much power would it really make though? Not sure!

Comment

Working...
                      X