Falken Zeix 912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    Good to know. I will update this thread when snow hits here too, I an curious to see how they handle. However I havn't had any problems with them in cold or wet conditions, mine do just fine. rain performance is outstanding so far.

Yeah i really wanna know. Cuz im about to either purchase a pair of either Michelin Exalto A/S or the Falken 912s for my front end.

I currently have Falken 512s at the rear.

Also if I get do end up gettin the 912s... what would be the best Front/Rear configuration then? Seeing that winter is approaching.

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

^same front/rear imho.
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I have 512's on mine and will admin they do kind of suck in the wet. If you try to put any kind of power down (say past half throttle) they'll start to spin.

Comment

Originally posted by mtechnik View Post
          Yeah i really wanna know. Cuz im about to either purchase a pair of either Michelin Exalto A/S or the Falken 912s for my front end.

I currently have Falken 512s at the rear.

Also if I get do end up gettin the 912s... what would be the best Front/Rear configuration then? Seeing that winter is approaching.
          Exalto's are WAY WAY WAY better in the snow than either the 512 or 912.

The 912 is bad in the snow/ice. Quite bad. Basically a 2/5, while the 512 is a 3/5. The Exalto, Kumho ASX, ContExtremeContact...these are 4+ star all-seasons for the winter.

That said, I use the 912 on my M3 for the summer months. Love them.

Comment

Just got my third set of ziex 912's, I'm lovin it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post

The 912 is bad in the snow/ice. Quite bad. Basically a 2/5, while the 512 is a 3/5. The Exalto, Kumho ASX, ContExtremeContact...these are 4+ star all-seasons for the winter.
              Where are the numbers from? I was hoping they wouldn't be that bad in the snow.

Comment

Whats the best local/online/fleabay retailer to get these? I'm running on a set of Falken Azenis (195/60R14) right now that I love but they're getting down there below the wear marks. I don't dare drive it in the rain. So moving on to 195/65R14 for a daily driver seems like a good idea.

Comment

I got a good price from Discount Tire Direct. But just

Comment

DTD FTW!

I buy all my tires from them then go to Americas Tire for mounting, tell them where you got them from and its like $15 a tire. Free flat repair and rotations too.

Got my 185/60-14 912's mounted up in the rear today, when I left I did a little slide for the guy who mounted them up for me and I was suprised at how quickly they regained traction compared to the POS hankooks ive been sliding on for the last few months LOL!
                    Last edited by e30rcr; 12-05-2008, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                      Where are the numbers from? I was hoping they wouldn't be that bad in the snow.
                      Consumer Reports. FWIW, they rated the ZE-912 #1 overall, despite their winter performance. They're that good in the wet/dry.

Comment

Yikes. My Blizzaks are pretty worn, and I wasn't sure which I should drive up to the mountains. But it sounds like even worn blizzaks are going to be better than new 912s
                        Last edited by CorvallisBMW; 12-06-2008, 01:43 PM.

Comment

first 'real' snow. bout an inch, little more. TIRES ARE WORSE THAN SLICKS!!

i couldnt do anything. cooper snow tires on now.

Originally posted by vlad
                          Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post

What's snow? :giggle:

Comment

Darn....

I went by my tire center guy who i bought the 512's from to see if his suppliers have any left by chance. Nope. Just 912's in stock.

Also too, when inquiring at other tire centers (both small and store chains) I come to find out that there's hardly any assortment of All-season tires. No Exalto A/S or Continental ExtremeContact on the market! :loco:
                              This is weird because this country actually hardly sees any blizzards and deep snow, the reason why I don't want to purchase a set of winter tires.

Yet it's basically either summer tires or straight up winter tires.

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

My Blizzaks aren't that bad. I bought them used on a set of steelies, and the PO had run them severely overinflated for their entire lives. So the very center 2 ribs are down the the wear bars, but the outside edges have over 70% remaining. Which is why I can't decide whether to take them in the snow or the 912s

Comment

Working...
                                X