Bosch Evolution Wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosch Evolution Wipers

So after years and years of wearing out 2 or 3 sets of Bosch wipers a year, I gave up. Best performance I have ever found at a reasonable price, but just did not last.

I have tried several brands since. Most wore out quickly as well, as I live in the drizzliest place on earth. Not the most rain, but certainly the most drizzle.

A recent visit to the local auto parts store found the Bosch rep setting up displays for the new "Evolution" line. This is NOT the "ICON", but is clearly labeled Evolution.

These are a frameless blade, so they are much nicer looking, and the rep assured me they are OE for VW, MBZ and others.

So far I have about 300 miles of driving with them in drizzle. Very good clean wipe, no hint of "shudder" or noise. The rep promised me they last better than any other Bosch product. Not exactly cheap at $17.99 each, but not $60/pr like some other brands I can think of.

They mounted easily and securely, with a covered mount. Very classy and clean, I think they are a dramatic improvement over the Michelin's which I had been using.

Here is a link: http://www.boschautoparts.com/Produc...ades/Evolution

Reading this page tells me they are a natural rubber blade...the rep told me they were silicone. Typical rep BS, but time will tell if they are worth a shit.

My only bitch so far is that they do not quite conform to the very far right side of the windshield when resting. Otherwise, they fit perfectly.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

and at $10 per pair of Michelins, I'll continue wearing them out.

We don't get as much rain in NC, and those don't dry-rot as fast as everything else I've put on.

Comment

PIAA silicon blades are quite nice...especially considering the drizzle we're so famous for here in the PNW
      sigpic
      An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

Comment

Gotta love R3V.

2 responses...a $10 guy and a $60 guy. Nothing against either of these attitudes, but wipers really fucking matter in this part of the country, so crapped out $10 cheapies won't fly, and the PIAAs are damn near impossible to find, AND are way too much moneys.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

I just picked up a set of Bosch Icons and am pretty satisfied with them. It hasn't really been long enough to tell how well the perform, but they are doing well right now. Sweeping rain off my windshield is very nice, and streak-free.

I also have that same issue with the wiper not quite hitting the far lower right-hand corner of the windshield. I got the 20 inch blades, but considered trying 21s. Anyone have experience with those? Maybe with the extra length, it would be able to sit flush with that right hand corner?
          Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

This is funny..I was thinking 19's...

Closing SOON!

Comment

yeah i run these also...they have lasted on my car for about 2yrs garage parked DD.

Originally posted by elguapo84 View Post
              PIAA silicon blades are quite nice...especially considering the drizzle we're so famous for here in the PNW
              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                yeah i run these also...they have lasted on my car for about 2yrs garage parked DD.
                You mean the Bosch? The rep says they are brand new...like 2 weeks on the market. You sure they are they same ones?

Closing SOON!

Comment

i think he ment the PIAA he quoted underneath his respones, kinda odd
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                  Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Im a PIAA man. But I might try these new ones in e34 sizes if they offer them since PIAA doesnt.
                    sigpic

Comment

I saw a comercial for RAINX wipers.....I swear by rainx windshield cleaner. Love that stuff

I wonder if the RAINX wipers can hold up to Bosch and PIAA.......
                      ~Fernando

Comment

I have rainX 21" wipers, and they were great when new, but they always streak unless they have been wet for awhile or it is raining quite hard. They do conform to the elusive right-hand corner of the windshield, though. I'll probably go with evolutions or Icons and give them a try after this winter.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I think 21" is too long for an e30, I use 20"DS/19"PS

Oh and Bosch Icons FTW, I havn't seen the "evolution" ones here...
                          1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Have not seen the Evolutions.

I put a new set of Michelins on my wife's Sienna about 6 months ago. They were already rotted and coming apart.

Just bought her the Icons over the weekend. We will see how they hold up. Thinking of getting them for the e34.
                            Current Cars
                            2014 M235i
                            2009 R56 Cooper S
                            1998 M3
                            1997 M3

Comment

I have Valeo wipers and freakin love them.

Also the same kind of frameless design :)

I think tirerack still has the "buy one get 1 free"
                              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Working...
                              X