X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another try
    Attached Files

Comment

so the first real shoot i do my fucking brand new computer 3 days old wont upload my pics, it uploads like 10 then stops! i have a feeling its my peice of shit Canon 10d from fucking 10,000 B.C. its supposed to be able to handle an 8 GB card but it acts retarded when i use it. when i format the card it says error sometimes. it takes forever to save the raw files in the camera leaving me sitting there waiting looking like an ass in front of my subjects! restarted my comp and now my free 30 day trial of lightroom wont open. im furious right now!

Comment

Heres a Few.

I just purchased a Canon Rebel T2i
        using 2 lenses:
        Kit lens 18-55
        Zoom lens 55-250

First D-SLR (or any cam besides a point and shoot), cant wait to get better at taking photos, cant wait to learn more.

Attached Files

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

^ we are basically in the same boat. Same lens and and all, just Nikon's equivalent to the T2i

Comment

I've been shooting quite a bit for my friends' band Bloomfield. Before shooting for them I had little experience with shooting with a DSLR at night really and really zero experience shooting live shows. I know I've gotten better but I really want to improve constantly. About the band - every venue they've done I think they've killed it. It's not just the fact that our friend/fan base is always the largest at the venue, but they have great stage presence that makes you want to move, some local bands I've seen don't have that charisma like Bloomfield. If you're local or visit AZ when they play I highly recommend seeing them. Even if you're not that into hard rock, with some metal and alternative thrown in.

http://www.bloomfieldrock.com = shameless plug although they are going back to the studio as the last studio they worked with they were not happy with the quality. I'm glad they only did a demo with that studio and didn't spend too much $.

Anyways... these were all shot with a D60, not the best camera to use for low light shots, especially with bands that like to move, but paired with the amazing lenses (wide angle 2.8's or fast primes) that I've rented it produces pretty good shots, although a bit more grain than I'd like. The ISO performance just isn't there but I did just get a D700. After one shoot, I've fallen in love. Can't wait to own instead of rent some of the glass I've used on the D60, as most were really made for full frame cameras. It's not the camera that makes good photos, it's the photographer. If you don't know this and are set on getting the latest and greatest you'll never mature as a photographer, not saying I know much. I just know the basics and I'm constantly trying to improve.

I don't really like to use flash but did one show (one of the first I shot of them) where I used it some as I didn't have any quality lenses with me.

Random shots from past shows:

Not completely focused, but I like how evil Jesse looks:

Shred:

Love the lens flairs and lights in this one, fucking rockstar:

At first I was like:

But then I:

Yep, some dead pixels here and there, sensor could be cleaned but I'm giving it to a friend for a good price.

Some randoms:

My flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bur1on/
            Last edited by DEV0 E30; 02-18-2011, 09:08 AM.
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

my fav!

Comment

Good shots. Haha how were mine? Any tips?

Comment

Lighthouse stairs by izthistaken, on Flickr

Waterfall by izthistaken, on Flickr
                  -Matt

http://www.facebook.com/MatthewTrombleyPhotography

1990 325i
                  1999 FRC

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                    Good shots. Haha how were mine? Any tips?
                    Spend less time in PS and more time taking pictures. When I shoot a pretend that PS or LR don't exist and try to make my picture look good as is. I'm not saying that they do just that I try.

Comment

Yeah I do rely on PS too much. But for a shot like that you need to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                        Yeah I do rely on PS too much. But for a shot like that you need to use it.
                        If you want criticism then the background is destracting the reflection in the window particularly. It's cool that your playing aroun learning by doing.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah its the only porch like that in my house, but I thought the reflection was neat also sort of neat at the same time

Comment

Here's a couple crappy ones w. my point 'n shoot Panansonic:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
                                beast of a photo.
                                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X