Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hartge h26 project.....the long road:) Oct 2014 begins:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct me if I'm wrong but any Hartge before 85 will have started life as a standard bmw. Hartge was granted manufacturer status in 85. I am not sure of the month I just read that in 85 Hartge became an official auto manufacturer. Before 85 it was like you went to Hartge and said here's my money I want your name on my car. I'm sure Raul will either correct me or confirm my statement Haha
    Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

the original Radio was called Bamberg!! hahaha, that's the town I live in!

car came equipped with:
      Posi rear dif.
      power steering
      central locking
      electric heated mirrors
      323i badge delete
      green tinted glass
      electric windows
      manual sunroof
      roll up rear sun shade
      larger alternator
      Recaro seats
      Radio Bamberg with an Amplifier

Comment

In this cars case, it seems that Hartge didn't put the car together, it was done at a Hartge partner "service" center/ BMW dealership. I do agree with you though, I think Alpina also took quite a while to be accepted as a manufacturer.

My 1986 M3 original title does not say BMW anywhere on it- says the manufacturer was M GmbH. They did alot of different things back then.
        Last edited by mikeedler; 03-30-2015, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Yeah they did. That's hella cool man. Any chance you could post that m3?hope the Hartge is okay with a little m3 love Haha.
          Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

Thank you wish I could read German:)!!!!

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
            so, from what I get out of the paperwork you scanned in, Kohl, was an authorized Hartge dealership/partner.
            According to the paperwork, which seems to me but not 100% sure- that the car was sold used in 1988 at a BMW dealership on the southwest side on Münich, and was sold as a Hartge H26 car, with the appearance package:
            suspension and wheels
            strut bar
            Hartge stripe set
            front and rear bumper/valances
            rear trunk spoiler
            single arm wiper system
            steering wheel

car also had BMW factory Recaro seats when it was new.

also had a larger alternator in it.

in 1986 car was registered in a town on the south east side of Münich. It received a right rear brake rotor (only the right and no pads????) and also a front left strut insert, as well as a wiper arm mechanism.
            all on guarantee, paid for by Hartge.

In Jan. of 1988 It went in for service (valve adjustment,ect.) received a new steering wheel- doesn't say what brand. Also received a new windshield wiper mechanism with motor AGAIN.?

In 1988 the car was registered on the southwest side of Münich and the door was dented- and repaired- not a new door though.
            next paperwork is the TÃœV allowance for the (probably the Hartge) steering wheel.

The one page does show the used car sales document at 44,000km with the car having a 2.6ltr. motor and 193hp so it did receive a full Hartge program from the beginning on I would assume.

hope that sheds a little bit of light on it for you.
            Thank you for the help on the translation: I did not post 'all ' of the paper work. I will scan some more and if you have time, maybe we can get some more information on this car. I do have one document that I think shows the car being a h26 back in 1985??
            Will keep you posted...love this forum:)
            jm

Comment

more paperwork in German:)

Next thing on the list was the euro bumpers. Mine needed some professional help, so I sent them out to be fixed....hope to get them back this week..... But I bought a newer nicer set from Germany and they got here and the fun process of piecing them together began. I was very lucky that the seller sent all new hardware...made the job so much faster!!
              Once I got the bumpers on and the foglights and front on, the car began to look like a real hartge h26:) We have made it to Jan 2015

Sorry these pictures are g-mail links; could not get the computer to send to photobucket.
              Here are some more German documents if someone whats to translate them:)

Gmail is email that’s intuitive, efficient, and useful. 15 GB of storage, less spam, and mobile access.

Gmail is email that’s intuitive, efficient, and useful. 15 GB of storage, less spam, and mobile access.

Last edited by 2002jm; 04-03-2015, 03:02 PM.

Comment

In Feb

We have now made it to Feb 2015 in the story:
                While I was waiting for parts:), I decided to take the fenders off and put the side markers back on..... they would have been on the car in 1985. My neighbor happens to have a plasma cutter. What would have taken me hours to cut the holes, took him about 30 sec. Of course there were lots of measurements; found the correct ones on line:), and then cleaning of the fenders and under the wheel wells, still have more to do later.
                from this:
                [URL=http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/hubble1953/media/HPIM7882_zpsyelnrzwc.jpg.html][/URL
                to this....

Notice anything in the second picture? That is coming up in March.... :)

Comment

wrong set up of turn-light?

Comment

really???

Originally posted by Dmitry View Post
                    wrong set up of turn-light?
                    These were suppose to have been taken off a 323i e30??? Do you have a picture of the correct ones?
                    thanks for the comment.
                    jm
                    Last edited by 2002jm; 04-01-2015, 08:08 AM.

Comment

These are correct ones. But installed bottom-up.
                      And this is the left one mounted on the right wing
                      Last edited by Dmitry; 04-02-2015, 04:31 AM.

Comment

German cars very rarely had those. They were mostly on export cars(tons of England) cool pieces.

Comment

good to know:)

Originally posted by Dmitry View Post
                          These are correct ones. But installed bottom-up.
                          And this is the left one mounted on the right wing
                          Well, that is good to know, I can easily switch them:)
                          thanks,
                          jm
                          Yes, I see them on some of the h26 car and not on others. I thought they were cool when in use with the turn signals...kind of like the city-lights in the front:)
                          thanks,
                          Comments are welcome on this project. I am not an expert....which is obvious from the side marker placement:)
                          jm

Comment

next in March

Well, we are coming to the end of the background information. In March I was looking for the hartge gauge/and pod. Very hard to find. I did find a bmp pod and some gauges from 1985, so they look very much like the hartge gauges. Looks the same to me:)

Comment

Hey jm,

Glad to see you posted pics of your car.....
                              Coming along great !
                              Keep up the good work !!!

Rob

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by SilberSurfer View Post
                                Hey jm,

Glad to see you posted pics of your car.....
                                Coming along great !
                                Keep up the good work !!!

Rob
                                Hi Rob: Thought I would post to give people some ref. for doing a hartge car and what they look like behind the hartge parts:).
                                I am almost done putting hartge parts on the car...only need three more. Then its just clean, repair small thinks like the power mirrors and drive it this summer to enjoy the sound of the hartge headers:)
                                jm

Comment

Working...
                                X