Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aero Wind Splits Brand New $150

Hi All;

Don't you hate it when a part becomes NLA and prices for the few remaining items become insanely expensive? Well I do, but I really wanted these splitters for my restoration so I found one that was advertised as "NOS and BRAND NEW". The cost was $300 plus and then there was the shipping from Australia of another $75. Unfortunately, while never used, they were bent, warped, deteriorated, and cracked. So disappointed and completely unusable.

I still wanted these, so I bit the bullet and and commissioned the tooling to make brand new ones. But not just copies, but better than the originals. While looking identical to the period correct splitters in size and shape, I tested a numerous number of modern UV resistant rubbers, finishes, and densities. In addition, I went through all the 3M adhesives available to ensure the best long term bonding solution. And after months of trial and error, endless testing under all conditions, I believe I have put together the perfect combination. UV and solvent resistant, can withstand the full range of temperatures that any car surface will undergo, and unmatched long term holding power, but easily removed without damage to properly painted cars or the splitters using WD40 and a bit of care.

The Splitters are are about 38" long (970mm), identical to the Posany design, packaged well in a two compartment coagulated box, Poly wrapped, and with a 12pt card sleeve. The finish is a beautiful satin matt black that reacts well to most any silicon or rubber preservatives. Overall, I am extremely happy on how they turned out and they will look at home on the finest Concours cars to the fastest Race Cars. And for those who asks what do they do? The technical answer is that it creates a high pressure area as the air is directed over the car at speed thus creating downforce. But I just like the way they look lol.

I am offering these at $150 per set which I believe to be fair and more importantly, get these Long NLA splitters into the hands of fellow community members who always wanted them or have even thought of wanting them. I made enough just to cover costs, so once they are gone, I doubt I will run a second batch but rather be on to my next project.

My PP account is Gearbox22@Gmail.Com Shipping to the 48 contiguous states will be $15 using USPS Priority 2 day service. Please add in your address and email in the notes. International buyers please email me for a shipping quote. Also have them on eBay at https://www.ebay.com/itm/28303747201...84.m1558.l2649 Thanks Allan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gearbox; 07-02-2018, 06:35 PM.

Any shot you have a pix on a vehicle?

Comment

^ I second this
      Originally posted by nervousmini
      Break My Wallet
      Bring My Wallet
      Bring Money With

and the M cars are a multiplier

regular repair Money * 3 = M3
      regular repair Money * 5 = M5
      regular repair Money * 6 = M6

Comment

Where, exactly, do these mount on the car?

Do they mount on the bottom outside edges of the front valance? Perhaps my dyslexia is kicking in, but I can’t picture these in position on the car in my head. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Oseanosea View Post
          Do they mount on the bottom outside edges of the front valance? Perhaps my dyslexia is kicking in, but I can’t picture these in position on the car in my head. Thanks!

No, they mount on the top of the fenders from the nose to the door.
          sigpic

Comment

Free bump for a GOOD seller, I bought a set and had them in 2 days!

Comment

I’ll definitely take a set.

Comment

waiting for pics on a car
                Originally posted by blunttech
                Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                :shock:

Comment

I had these in cast aluminum on a 48 Plymouth Special Deluxe and on a 59 Peugeot 203 :)
                  Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                  Alice the Time Capsule
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                  87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
                    waiting for pics on a car
                    If you google it, some pics do come up..... I’ll try posting some of my car later today, I thought I had some but didn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowracer View Post
                      If you google it, some pics do come up..... I’ll try posting some of my car later today, I thought I had some but didn’t.
                      yea I think people want to see yours specifically installed...

Im still trying to figure out the actual purpose of these, I know the CSLs had them back in the day too
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

They keep the air on the hood from falling off the sides and around the car. That keeps the air directed over the windshield, creating a little bit more downforce over the front end. How much, who knows, I doubt anyone has performed CFD on it.

Get them for looks rather than aero.
                        Byron
                        Leichtbau

Comment

If I can get pics of these specifically mounted on an E30, I will 100% buy a set right now!
                          sigpic1990 325IS,
                          2.7L bottom end, Shrick 272 Cam, and a heck of a lot of bald tires.

Comment

Did you run your car through an automated car wash with these on? I would be surprised if they stayed on after having the roller go on them a few times.
                            89 325i Coupe Auto Delphin Metallic - Sold
                            91 325i Sedan Auto Brilliantrot - Sold
                            83 323i Euro Coupe Manual Lapisblue - Sold
                            89 325i Coupe Manual Delphin - Sold
                            89 325i Sedan Auto Brilliantrot
                            87 325i Vert Manual Brilliantrot

Comment

Originally posted by markt51 View Post
                              Did you run your car through an automated car wash with these on? I would be surprised if they stayed on after having the roller go on them a few times.
                              Why? They'd be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X