My rant about: THR lollipoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cramer
    When you installed yours, did you thoroughly clean/sand your control arms?
    I'm guessing no. Jeremy is retarded. Too retarded to contact anyone and too lazy to try to fix it, so the only thing he can do is whine about the track equipment he installed on his street car making noise even though there are solutions for him if he so looks.

what a fucking waste of oxygen. kids like permit are a good reason to pray an earthquake puts Cali under water

Comment

mine still pop after i sanded the arm down. Should i loosen the bolts and tighten back up so it will self-align?? Or should i get the new bushings that treehouse makes?

'87 325 (Track Rat)
      '04 C5500 Wrecker (Work)
      '94 525i (Daily)
      '90 325i (R.I.P)
      H&R Race, Racing Dynamics Sway Bars, Tree House CAB's, Sparco Strut Bars and more.

Comment

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

You can pick up the phone and call Jon at Treehouse and he will tell you what to do.

Really.
        Current Cars
        2014 M235i
        2009 R56 Cooper S
        1998 M3
        1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by 88325isboy
          mine still pop after i sanded the arm down. Should i loosen the bolts and tighten back up so it will self-align?? Or should i get the new bushings that treehouse makes?
          undoing the bolts will take 10 minutes. finding THR's number and dialing will take longer than that.

try A, then go to b if a fails

Comment

M3 bushings have been great for me, no noise, great turn in, great on the track. Still stiff as fuck, you can't flex anything related to the CAB when they are installed.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

It's a race design, it is designed for race conditions. Certain compromises are made in the design of a product for that purpose.

Factory rubber bushings are designed to deflect under impact to prevent exactly what you're complaining about. To prevent noise and harshness, they deflect, which has a negative effect on handling characteristics.

Everything is a compromise. You put race parts on a street car, you pay the price.

Jesus.

-Charlie
              Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
              '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
              FYYFF

Comment

Mine do it when cold. Meaning my car has been sitting for 2 weeks without moving. Once I drive for a bit and they move a bit no more popping. Its just the first few times. I tried r&r'ing them but they fit pretty tight over the nipples so there isnt any movement with the bolts off.

I just tell people riding with me that its a special bushing material that is heavy duty and I dont give a shit what they think about my car. I dont think people outside can hear it because nobody has mentioned it. It just seems loud because its resonating inside the car through the footwell.
                Im now E30less.
                sigpic

Comment

I have these on my car and I haven't had any serious issues with them. These have the older black bushing insert thingy....its my understanding there is an updated version for this and the replacement inserts are white instead.

When I installed mine, they did squeek and pop a little bit. I was not aware of the paint sanding technique as a means of resolving the noise these made. Instead I quickly removed them and put on a coating of waterproof wheel bearing grease. I simply applied it with my fingers and re-installed them. All of the noise issues vanished since doing this and that was nine months ago. I've been to the track three times and driven in a lot of rain too. Nothing unusual to report.

I like them and encourage anyone who plans to track/auto-x their car to buy a pair.

Jon
                  Last edited by Jon325i; 04-17-2006, 02:13 PM.
                  Rides...
                  1991 325i - sold :(
                  2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Out of curiosity, has anyone with the unpainted aluminum M3 CAs had the "popping" issue?
                    -Brandon
                    '86 325es S50
                    '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                    '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                    '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                    S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

fuh raze

Only way to sum up this thread.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

the only problem i had was that my wheels got pushed forward to the point where when i turn the wheel it would rub the inside of the wheel cover/ inside of bumper plastic piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
                          Out of curiosity, has anyone with the unpainted aluminum M3 CAs had the "popping" issue?
                          No, and the THR lollipops were very snug fitting, just obviously not enough to bind.
                          Chris
                          90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by King Luis
                            the only problem i had was that my wheels got pushed forward to the point where when i turn the wheel it would rub the inside of the wheel cover/ inside of bumper plastic piece.
                            You must have oversized tires or some other issue with your front end then.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                              fuh raze

Only way to sum up this thread.
                              what is fuh raze?

will installing urethane or solid aluminum tranny mounts give me a harsh ride on my daily driver? I think it would help track performance when I get to track in 2 years. i am trying to get it set up now for when i do

Comment

Newbie...

Yes they will make for quite a harsh ride. You don't need them if you are going to the track 2 years down the road.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Working...
                                X