R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > Regional Forums > Gatherings & Regional Discussion > California

Old 05-12-2019, 01:03 PM   #1
blitzkrieg59

Send a message via AIM to blitzkrieg59
Anyone know this modded cirrusblau sedan for sale in Milpitas?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...868270089.html

With the modifications on this car, there's no way someone on R3v isn't familiar with it. I've e-mailed the owner, but he doesn't seem to know much about the car and says he isn't mechanically-inclined, which seems like a red flag. Who built this car? Is the previous owner on the forums?
Old 05-13-2019, 06:12 PM   #2
earthwormjim
E30 Addict

That looks almost like an S52 swapped car I considered purchasing in 2016. Mods seem identical minus the engine.

I don't see how the owner doesn't know anything about the car, the list of mods is pretty detailed. That seems like the red flag, person you emailed doesn't seem to match the person who made the listing.

I wouldn't worry about lack of mechanically inclined, that car looks to have been maintained by a shop.

Honestly that price is way too low for west coast, and the owner claiming ignorance seems like a scam to me. Perhaps see if someone local can look at it, or talk to the owner on the phone and arrange for a shop to look at it. That way you involve a 3rd party, if you schedule the inspection, the shop hands you the paper work results, not the owner.
earthwormjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:22 PM   #3
blitzkrieg59

Send a message via AIM to blitzkrieg59
Good advice. I e-mailed him again asking for new photos of the car and haven't gotten a response, so I'm feeling "scam" on this one.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:08 PM   #4
fastestbox

That car has been up for a while on and off as far as I know... He was asking way too much (in my opinion) at first.