R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > Off Topic Lounge > Politics and Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2018, 01:52 PM   #721
frankenbeemer
R3VLimited
 
frankenbeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 2,249
National Survey of 1,000 U.S. Likely Voters

Conducted August 14-15, 2018
By Rasmussen Reports



1* Do you have a very favorable, somewhat favorable, somewhat unfavorable or very unfavorable impression of the so-called “antifa” protestors?

2* Which is closer to your point of view – The antifa protestors are primarily a valid protest movement representing the concerns of many Americans, or the antifa protestors are primarily troublemakers looking to cause a public disturbance?



NOTE: Margin of Sampling Error, +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence


Care to guess the results?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinormusJ View Post
Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
1989 325is Raged on then sold.
1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.
frankenbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:46 PM   #722
decay
R3V Elite
 
decay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: yay area, ca
Posts: 5,287
1000 is a pretty tiny sample set given our country's population. it'd be very easy to select that size of a polling group of "likely voters" from some gerrymandered red-state district. but sure, let's hear it.
__________________
past:
1989 325is (learner shitbox)
1986 325e (turbo dorito)
1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
current:
1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)
decay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:15 AM   #723
mrsleeve
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title
 
mrsleeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NW MT
Posts: 16,193
Or gerrymandered blue states too let's be honest here. Other than the furthest left fringes groups the antifa is pretty universally mocked by everyone
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
William Pitt-

Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-06-2018 at 04:10 AM.
mrsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:50 AM   #724
Exodus_2pt0
R3V Elite
 
Exodus_2pt0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VA, 20109
Posts: 5,914
1,000 people can actually give you a very good idea.
__________________
No E30 Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.
Exodus_2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:46 AM   #725
decay
R3V Elite
 
decay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: yay area, ca
Posts: 5,287
ok, now that we've heard "logical fallacy: appeal to popularity" and "contrarian ackshually", let's have the actual "data".
__________________
past:
1989 325is (learner shitbox)
1986 325e (turbo dorito)
1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
current:
1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)
decay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:37 AM   #726
cale
R3VLimited
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by decay View Post
ok, now that we've heard "logical fallacy: appeal to popularity"
The evaluation by the civil majority of a very small destructive minority is definitely relevant, and in no way a logical fallacy. You and your ilk will always be judged by the destructive actions your group is responsible for, and rightfully so. The popular opinion of a fringe group is extremely relevant.
cale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:18 AM   #727
MrBurgundy
No R3VLimiter
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: 33.8170į N 118.0373į W
Posts: 3,726
Quote:
Fifty-four percent (54%) have an unfavorable opinion of these protesters, including 39% with a Very Unfavorable one. Twenty-eight percent (28%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
This is from the survey mentioned above
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholepailofwater View Post
Q


WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)
MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:27 AM   #728
decay
R3V Elite
 
decay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: yay area, ca
Posts: 5,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale View Post
The evaluation by the civil majority of a very small destructive minority is definitely relevant, and in no way a logical fallacy.
1000 people is not a civil majority, and any argument that starts with "everyone says" is and always will be an appeal to popularity, but i was still politely asking for the answer that was left out as trollbait, even though i already know the provided data source was debunked 8 years ago:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...eports-biased/

canada's educational system has failed to train you on debate. i suppose that's one reason i'm an anarchist and not a socialist :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by cale View Post
You and your ilk will always be judged by the destructive actions your group is responsible for, and rightfully so.
it's very telling exactly *which* fringe groups you are so upset/concerned about.

meanwhile, in good news, this murderer is standing in front of an actual judge. closing arguments today, hopefully.

https://wjla.com/news/local/closing-...harlottesville

i'm really sorry for not falling in line with what you expect of a liberal: meet violence with peace, flowers, and empathy. that shit doesn't work, and i'm not a liberal.
__________________
past:
1989 325is (learner shitbox)
1986 325e (turbo dorito)
1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
current:
1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)
decay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:02 PM   #729
cale
R3VLimited
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,211
Everyone says vandalism is wrong, is this also dismissable as a fallacious argument? Don't worry, the people on the other side of the trash can fights are also just as laughed at.

It's very telling that I'm discussing a fringe group for whom the thread is based on? C'mon now, for someone who's criticizing anothers ability to provide a compelling argument, you sure are resorting to some mighty shit ones yourself.
cale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:23 PM   #730
decay
R3V Elite
 
decay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: yay area, ca
Posts: 5,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale View Post
Everyone says vandalism is wrong, is this also dismissable as a fallacious argument?
yes, but not for the reason you think- you're wrong because not everyone says that. example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billbo...beration_Front



context: that was done right after hurricane katrina.

what's your analysis? is that vandalism, art, or political messaging?

Quote:
It's very telling that I'm discussing a fringe group for whom the thread is based on?
uh, that's not what i said, dude.

a white supremacist drove his car into a crowd of people and killed someone- which is absolutely relevant to this thread- and the fact that you don't appear to care too much about that, because you're avoiding the subject, is a tell.
__________________
past:
1989 325is (learner shitbox)
1986 325e (turbo dorito)
1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
current:
1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)
decay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:41 PM   #731
cale
R3VLimited
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,211
I'm sorry, I didn't realize not explicitly condemning mass murder was indicative of some hidden motive to target antifa. Murder is wrong, he was a horrible person. Satisfied? Now are you done bringing up topics for the sole purpose of trying to diminish me as a participant in this topic?

Ps vandalism
cale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #732
decay
R3V Elite
 
decay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: yay area, ca
Posts: 5,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't realize not explicitly condemning mass murder was indicative of some hidden motive to target antifa. Murder is wrong, he was a horrible person. Satisfied? Now are you done bringing up topics for the sole purpose of trying to diminish me as a participant in this topic?
if i were trying to diminish you as a participant, i'd just put you on ignore.

is it fair to say that what people complain about is what they care about?

Quote:
Ps vandalism
disagree. it's political messaging, because it's pointing out that the tax dollars we all pay to fund FEMA weren't, and still aren't (sorry puerto rico) being allocated or utilized properly.
__________________
past:
1989 325is (learner shitbox)
1986 325e (turbo dorito)
1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
current:
1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)
decay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:31 PM   #733
MrBurgundy
No R3VLimiter
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: 33.8170į N 118.0373į W
Posts: 3,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by decay View Post
disagree. it's political messaging, because it's pointing out that the tax dollars we all pay to fund FEMA weren't, and still aren't (sorry puerto rico) being allocated or utilized properly.
That's vandalism with a political message.

It's not just a political message.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholepailofwater View Post
Q


WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)
MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:49 PM   #734
decay
R3V Elite
 
decay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: yay area, ca
Posts: 5,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
That's vandalism with a political message.

It's not just a political message.
ok, fair point. i don't agree that it's wrong or unjustified, because i care more about the residents of new orleans & mississippi & puerto rico & (insert_natural_disaster_locale_here) than i do about clearchannel's property rights, but i get where you're coming from.
__________________
past:
1989 325is (learner shitbox)
1986 325e (turbo dorito)
1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
current:
1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)
decay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:32 PM   #735
cale
R3VLimited
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,211
Now change that politically motivated graffiti for tossing trash cans into Starbucks windows or tossing piss bottles and you'll be able to get a reasonable guesstimation on how the general public perceives those actions. They're not the same.
cale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 - 2020 R3VLimited LLC