Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 Brake Booster Relocation Kit

Hello lads and lasses

I have managed to get the kind owner of 300mm.de to sell a ready made kit for the Brake Booster Relocation, for from what I have read this is the most complicated process of the V8 Swap, and having a ready made kit with all the measurements taken has to be a great bonus (at least for me).

Price is quite adequate considering we are paying for the knowledge and not just the parts. Beneath is the link. I told him there would probably be quite a few people interested in buying it. Am I correct?

Just curious to know who will buy one? I'm going to do so myself now, he has just put the advert up today so feel free to go for it. All items shown in the photo are included, here the link, hope this helps you all, drive safe!

Damn, that is awesome.

Comment

any pics of this kit mounted in the bay?
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
        any pics of this kit mounted in the bay?
        The instructions page shows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
          The instructions page shows it.
          whoops thanks!
          google wasnt translating the page for me so I didnt think to click around.
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

If someone buys one, let me know and we could order two sets at once to save on shipping. Potentially more if folks are interested. I'd like to pick up a kit since it's cheap enough just to have around for when the time is right.
            1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
            1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
              If someone buys one, let me know and we could order two sets at once to save on shipping. Potentially more if folks are interested. I'd like to pick up a kit since it's cheap enough just to have around for when the time is right.
              was waiting for you to chime in on this....Might be interested in a few months...
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

That bend in the brake pushrod is scary.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                  That bend in the brake pushrod is scary.
                  some reinforcement might be an easy/good call.
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Kit arrived safe and sound

Hello guys. Don't know why I wasnt getting your answers from the post. Thought no one had answered... hehe. Great to see you all have.

Anyhow here are a few pics of the Kit, just arrived yesterday. All real nice quality and good thick metal. The rod seems to be from very strong metal, not sure what the guy uses to bend it but he must put in a lot of force (more than the needed to bend it when braking, even like a mad man).

Here you go!

Comment

Not sure how long the guy is going to leave the advert up for. I told him I would mention it in the forum and try and get more people to buy it. Seems like he was only selling the full kit.

I did have a problem with the postage, for the webpage did not allow Shipping to Spain, so if you do have a problem with that just drop him an email and he will sort it out. Shipping to me was like 18€ if I remember correctly, all very well packed and safe in well wrapped newspaper.

Going to email the guy now and thank him. He seems like a really nice chap.

Let me know if you need any help, drive safe,
                      Jake

Comment

Reasonably priced! Would save someone time vs labor for sure!

Not digging the "V8 BMW" font for no reason. When will guys with water jets realise that, just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I'm fairly certain I could sneeze on that "B" letter of the "BMW" and it would fall right off.
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          Reasonably priced! Would save someone time vs labor for sure!

Not digging the "V8 BMW" font for no reason. When will guys with water jets realise that, just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I'm fairly certain I could sneeze on that "B" letter of the "BMW" and it would fall right off.
                          Haha yeah I would have preferred it plain and simple, but hey, its his work, wasn't going to complain now he sent everything to me and I don't have to go through the headache of calculating the measurements, sourcing the different parts etc etc... Well you get my point.

I thought I could cover it up later with some resin or so before painting. But maybe I get used to it, who knows.

I think the price is good, for someone else has done the work of calculations through trial and error, and at the end of the day, that is what you pay for, knowledge.

Feel free to let me know how many of you bought a kit, and what you think of it also.

Have a great weekend, and drive safe!

Comment

I'd be interested with how it looks in the engine bay
                            e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

If you click on the article there is a tutorial and photos of process and how it looks once installed.

Hope that helps.

[/B]
                              Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
                              I'd be interested with how it looks in the engine bay

Comment

Working...
                              X