R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Technical Forums > Suspension & Unsprung

Old 08-13-2007, 10:50 AM   #16
thereisnoyun
R3VLimited

hubcentric ring

probably not fully hubcentric... I see e38 have those paper thing metal hubcentric rings for imitation mpars. some after market one just isnt exactly hubcentric.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:53 AM   #17
thereisnoyun
R3VLimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark89e30 View Post
Just a few pics of the shape of the inside and outside of the wheels, to give me an idea of the construction. Also if you can give me a measurement of the width, lip to lip. The spec as well as the actual would help alot. The centerbore doesn't make that big of a difference since your lugs hold it in place pretty nicely.
absolutely not true. the hubcentric is a huge problem esp after 60+ miles per hour. your steering wheel will shake violently if you dont have hubcentric wheels. I thought the same too, but when I got my wheels and they vibrate at high speed, I got some hubcentric rings and solve the prolbem. If you bought the wheels from a store they will ahve the rings for you, usually free of charge, if you bought it from someone else... you'll have ot find a store that carries these and find the rings for it.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:15 AM   #18
matt
No R3VLimiter

Send a message via AIM to matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereisnoyun View Post
absolutely not true. the hubcentric is a huge problem esp after 60+ miles per hour. your steering wheel will shake violently if you dont have hubcentric wheels. I thought the same too, but when I got my wheels and they vibrate at high speed, I got some hubcentric rings and solve the prolbem. If you bought the wheels from a store they will ahve the rings for you, usually free of charge, if you bought it from someone else... you'll have ot find a store that carries these and find the rings for it.
Discount tire direct will sell the rings. Measure or find out what size the wheels are, and e30s have a 57.1 hub.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #19
M42Technik
R3V OG

Send a message via AIM to M42Technik
That is where I got my rings. I have them on the car. They are 60.1 outer with a 57.1 inner diameter.

They still do not work right. They sit oddly and do not stick out far enough to be completely flush in the wheels hub. I am trying to create a 3d model of a hub to have it made for me, but that will take time.

Again, the hub does have rings. I do not have hubcentric spacers because there are no hubcentric spacers smaller than 15mm, and I do not want ET7