Wasted Spark Wiring and Cam Position Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasted Spark Wiring and Cam Position Sensor

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice on my WhodWho PNP E30 setup in preparation for twin turbos. For my wasted spark, how thick must the wires be? I have a DB15 cable that I'd like to be able to use for clean installation, but I'm worried that they are too thin of inner wires. If I need pretty thick wires, I'd appreciate a suggestion for a cable. Second, I want to run a camshaft position sensor and was wondering how to wire it in, or can I just use the pulse sensor connector? Thanks all!

Hey the regular megasquirt or bmw harness wires are fine to run your megasquirt. I cant seem to find what gauge they are but im using them on my dd with no problem...i havent set up a cam sensor but i read there is a spot in microsquirt to wire it up...i would try to ask whodwho directly if he left a spot in the harness to wire it in. And dont forget to let us know what you find.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I already have my car running on Megasquirt. Just curious as to the ideal Wasted Spark wiring and the best way to connect a Cam position sensor to Whodwho's setup. I emailed him, no response but it is close to the holidays.

Comment

you don't need a cam sensor for wasted spark. it's only needed for sequential fuel or COP.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
        X