Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325i Euro spec coding plugs

Hi,

I am looking for a coding plug from a Euro spec non-cat 325i, and am a little confused. According to the ETK, all Euro 325i cars had one of the two parts:

62111377670 for 1/86 - 9/87
    62111381683 for 9/87>

US spec 325i cars, which all had a cat, used a different coding plug, 62111385468, but it wasn't used in Europe. So although most Euro spec cars didn't have cats, which plug did they use?

As I understand, in addition to rev counting, the coding plug tells the DMW which fuel/ignition map to use -- leaded no cat, unleaded no cat, or unleaded cat.

Am I missing something? Which part do I need?

TIA,
    Alex

That is not true. The coding plug has nothing to do with the tune or the DME. it basically controls the econometer and the tach.

Motronic 1.x doesn't have any inputs for map switching. It's not that advanced.

I think you're on a wild goose chase.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      That is not true. The coding plug has nothing to do with the tune or the DME. it basically controls the econometer and the tach.

Motronic 1.x doesn't have any inputs for map switching. It's not that advanced.

I think you're on a wild goose chase.
      it wouldn't be the first time. ;)

So then the map used by DME is controlled only by the chip? Is the 325i chip then different between Euro spec non-cat cars, and US spec cars with a cat?

Comment

The chip, yes, and yes. You're better off just getting an aftermarket chip - they aren't expensive.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          The chip, yes, and yes. You're better off just getting an aftermarket chip - they aren't expensive.
          AFAiK, all aftermarket chips require premium gas. From what I understand, the tune for a non-cat car would be slightly better in terms of fuel economy and performance. That's what I'm after, with regular gas.

Do I then just need a stock chip from a Euro spec non-cat car?

Comment

I'm pretty sure SSSquid can make you a tune for regular fuel.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
            X