Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20b23 MS2 Tune file

Greetings all,

I am wondering if anyone has a decent tune file for Megasquirt 2 to run an m20b23? Actually not sure if you US blokes even got the m20b23.

I have the M20b25 60/2 tooth wheel on the front, DIY home made loom with injectors 1,3,5 and 2,4,6 setup in semi sequential. I have some sort of variable BMW tps adaptoted to the throttle body.

essentially it is a 2.3L m20b25. Custom calibrated temp sensors but im fine with all that.

All bench tested and working, i just need to actually install it and see if it works.

I was going to just use whatever m20b25 tune i found but i figured i would take the punt to see if anyone had done one for an m20b23?

I do have a wideband O2 so i can tune it myself.

I assume the VE values will be slightly different for the 2.3? in fact to be honest Ive no idea what will be different. Will the VE tables be different?:S

At the moment i will just be using the m20b23 vacuum advance distributor so Im not tuning spark, eventually i will get some LS1 coils and set it up in wasted spark.

I would just start with a M20B25 tune and use Tunerstudio's VE analyzer to adjust your fuel map (once you get the base fuel parameters dialed in for your injector scale).

Normally on a smaller engine it would need less ignition advance, but you won't need to worry about that until you switch to running it on MS.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Well i spent a good portion of my spare time on the weekend trying to diagnose why the map sensor was extremely slow to react. Read all the Documentaion on lag factors and firmware editions. At my wits end i sucked on tje vacuum line and realised that the mud wasps had made a nest inside my vac line while it was stored in garage. Rule 1: Always check the easy things first.

I do have a follow up question though on sync issues. The enfine is still running on L-jet so i was able to connect the 60-2 crank sensor to the MS to confirm it worked.

When i connected it i got loads of sync errors. Or missed sync of whatver its called. I then reversed the polarity of the sensor and i got maybe 1 or 2 sync errors in ~5mins of idling and a bit of free reving

Should i be expecting zero sync errors? I assume so?

Im goimg to confirm the air gap on the sensor. Can someone advise what options there are in tuner studio to diagnose these sync errors?

My cas wiring is high quality microphone cable with the shielding grounded at the ecu end (pin 2 i think, whatever the megasquirt manual says.

I have also read about ppl putting a 10k resistor in series with the sensor. Will this help the syncing?

Note: tune file im using is the base tune fpr m20b25 off the ms website.

Comment

Check out my recent thread, might be helpful with your sync loss. You shouldn't be seeing any sync loss unless you are burning changes to the controller while the engine is running.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
        X