No Start After Fuel Fire. Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Start After Fuel Fire. Help

Hello, I have a turbo’d e30 that I bought running and driving. While testing its limits I found out it shoots flames which hence caused the fire. The fire burned the battery and wires around it. The fire department came and put it out ( water was everywhere in the car, maybe ecu shorted?) did not start after fire. the relay that connects to the battery next to the main power wire was burned and then replaced with a new one along with new battery and main power wire. Also new distributor, wires and plugs. It ran after the replacements for about 5 or so minutes and then cut out and has not started since. it gets fuel air and half spark. Only 3 of the plugs get spark and I am stumped at what to do next.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by The Kiid 916; 02-15-2018, 06:12 PM.

Oh lord
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by The Kiid 916 View Post
      Also new distributor, wires and plugs. It ran after the replacements for about 5 or so minutes and then cut out and has not started since. it gets fuel air and half spark. Only 3 of the plugs get spark and I am stumped at what to do next.
      Only 3 plugs getting spark doesn't make sense. You replaced the cap AND rotor? Are the plug wires all the way into the cap? Seems to me if one plug gets spark they all should unless the rotor is not hitting all the terminals in the cap?

But you sure have a mess on your hands. If it cranks and has power, my suggestion is to check the crank position sensors. It is going to take verifying one system at a time and tracing those wires back to the ECU. Almost anything could be at fault with a fire at the battery and water inside the car.
      2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Originally posted by tomstin View Post
        Only 3 plugs getting spark doesn't make sense. You replaced the cap AND rotor? Are the plug wires all the way into the cap? Seems to me if one plug gets spark they all should unless the rotor is not hitting all the terminals in the cap?

But you sure have a mess on your hands. If it cranks and has power, my suggestion is to check the crank position sensors. It is going to take verifying one system at a time and tracing those wires back to the ECU. Almost anything could be at fault with a fire at the battery and water inside the car.
        That’s something I wanted to hear. It does crank and still gets power. The rotor wasn’t replaced just cap.. next thing that will be done is the cps

Comment

Check the C191 plug.
          1990 325i
          2004 330i Individual 6-speed
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X