Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick slider radio question

Hi Guys!

I bought a slider radio for cheap with working condition unknown. To see if it powers up and works, I hooked it up directly to my battery. It came on, and I entered the code.

The radio beeped on the 4th digit of the 5 digit code, and did not unlock. Tried it 2 more times and no luck. I didn’t have the ignition on while entering the code, I’m thinking that shouldn’t matter since it’s powered directly through the battery.

I guess the question is, can the radio be unlocked this way , or does it need to be wired through the ignition?

Any other thoughts about trying to unlock a radio while hooked up directly to the battery?

Thanks!
    Last edited by E30andy; 02-17-2018, 10:19 AM.
    89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
    1994 Mazda Miata

i don't think the ignition has anything to do with it. perhaps the 4th digit (button) doesn't work? my #6 didnt work for years until i sent it to radio factory service. luckily though my code didn't involve the #6 button.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
      i don't think the ignition has anything to do with it. perhaps the 4th digit (button) doesn't work? my #6 didnt work for years until i sent it to radio factory service. luckily though my code didn't involve the #6 button.
      Good point. The radio has been sitting for years, so who knows the condition of the buttons? I may spray some deoxit in there and try again.
      1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Got it to unlock. Pressed the number buttons multiple times and sprayed some deoxit in there and it took the code.
        1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Working...
        X