No announcement yet.

My E30s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you guys for the positive feedback!

Originally posted by TFJR View Post
    Beautiful cars. I can't wait to see more pictures! I have to ask, why give up on the lachs touring after the failed clutch?
    It was actually a bunch of things... my sister smacked it into a pillar 3 times in a row (in two months), plus at the time I was starting a new job and didn't have time to do the repair. The engine was due for an overhaul as well... today I'm mad at myself that I didn't put the ~2.5k€ I dumped in the 320i for maintenance in the Touring, but alas... atm there's too many parts missing and the body needs a good lot of welding as well.

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
    Oh that vert. All look very nice, but the cabby is my fav by a long shot.
    Thanks. Out of the three, the Cabrio is my favorite one as well... the M20 sound with the top down isn't comparable to anything else I have :D it almost needs the most attention though.

Originally posted by mr ilia View Post
    Nice 1st post! Cabby is the best. The rims are in harmony with the car.
    Thanks, I definetly dig the Mim wheels myself and if I had the money, I'd probably get them repainted in gloss white... in fact, they're the reason I bought the car in the first place. I was at the local gas station and saw the guy pull into the washing bay, so I went over and asked him if he wanted to sell the wheels maybe. He was like "sure, but you could also buy the whole car, it's for sale!" I laughed, and then I serioused ;)

Btw, as an update: As of yesterday, I finally drive my E30 again, although I might sell it by fall. Here's a pic I snapped in the terrible summer weather we have:

Just rolled over 170k kilometers today, so that's 105k miles.

aka denyo77

Originally posted by Andy.B
    Give it five years, and kids might be covering their cars with Astroturf. Style is relative.

Comment

What's your suspension set up on the vert? I love how it looks with the mims!!! They are 15' right?

Comment

The 'vert is lowered 60mm front/back, but it's pretty settled so add about 10mm to that. The Mims are 7x15, yup :D
        aka denyo77

Give it five years, and kids might be covering their cars with Astroturf. Style is relative.

Comment

Switched shoes:

to

also did a small photo shoot, I'll probably sell the silver one this fall.

aka denyo77

Comment

My 320i next to my brothers 325e.
            aka denyo77

Comment

Nice cars, but please fix that touring. If not for yourself then for all of us who live in places where they weren't sold. We all love tourings.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                Nice cars, but please fix that touring. If not for yourself then for all of us who live in places where they weren't sold. We all love tourings.
                tbh that might actually happen over time. There's a bunch of parts missing which I'd need to source, but if I sell my other two E30s in spring the Touring might get back on the road again...
                aka denyo77

Comment

So, quick update:

Sadly, I sold my lagunengrün 325i vert last summer, I have regretted it ever since
                  (especially since I now need to pay 2k more to get one in the same condition)

Bought this last November:

1989 318i Touring with heavy rust, just a month of roadworthiness left. Bought for 300, sold the is lip and mtech wheel and ended up just having paid 140 for it.

Turned it into

Then I got pulled over 3 times because of the expired seals so I called it quits.
                  Bought an engineless vert w/ a spare M50, but needed a quick mode of transportation, so the following happened:

Touring ended up getting largely parted, and, after I couldn't sell it for 1€, turned into a cube. The M40 in teh vert got refurbished (new cam, hydros, oil, spark plugs, distributor cap, timing belt etc, new radiator) and runs fine now.

Way too low vert

But since then I've realized I really don't have time to fix up the vert between my bachelor thesis, finals and my internship starting this Sept, so I've put it up for sale and am back on my 320i for now. Last weekend I have been given a b25 for free though, and I'm almost done sourcing parts for my manual swap, so that car's going to be getting some new stuff this winter as well :)

aka denyo77

Comment

wow, nice thread and great collection. I love them all for different reasons. Just picked up my second e30 a couple weeks ago... I have a feeling I'm headed down a similar road.
                    "A BMW that needs nothing, has an owner that's not paying attention."

Comment

Originally posted by Vokuhila View Post
                      I laughed, and then I serioused
                      Lol
                      Originally posted by Vokuhila
                      I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

Working...
                      X