No announcement yet.

A did a thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 20: They still don't understand, I've driven the wheels off this thing.

Originally posted by MikeK View Post
    Congrats Dev, your car looks really nice. How has it been so far driving it day to day?
    I'm tempted to go test drive one. I have a SG Forester that'll have to be replaced within the next year and a half. This could be a good candidate.
    Awesome, honestly I couldn't want much more for a daily. I don't do traffic, I seriously avoid the little bit we have here during rush hour at all costs, but the few instances I have, the lightness of the clutch didn't make it a chore like most other cars I've owned. Only thing I want to do is get a cobb accessport since it has the rmm and intake. Oh and take it on more long drives so I can drive like an adult and measure long distance gas mileage. I've been getting just under 30mpgs, but I have a lot of fun every chance I get.

Originally posted by jllphan View Post
    Ha! I would be making fun of you in my head right now, but i recently watched THIS.

Now, there's no way i would choose one over an e46 M3, but I have mad respect for Matt Farah's opinion. And while i will only buy German cars, all you poopers of this thread should cease and desist.
    I wouldn't mind honestly, I've owned E30s for 10 years, took a test drive after knowing about this car for a year. I literally never thought I'd own a Ford, I prefer German cars. I will own plenty more. The thing is, I knew it would be fun, just not this much fun. I considered an E46 M3 even, but at this moment in my life, for at least 5 years, I wanted something fun that I didn't really need to worry about.

Everything he said is basically spot on, I know people think Farah is corrupted by Ford but drive the car, then tell me it's not one of the few times you've had that much fun, in a car that cheap. Under 80, it's really quite quick. Of course there are faster cars out there, but that's not what this was made for. Oh and warranties. My barely used 2014 has plenty of good paperwork left.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    I've driven nothing but old cars as a dd. When my e30 broke down and I had to drive my parents new truck for a few days it made me never want to dd my e30 again. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love me e30 but it shouldn't be a daily IMO. Having a AC that will freeze your balls off is incredible and floating over the road is even better. Maybe I need to dial my e30 in more to be a daily idk. But after driving a new car for a daily it makes me want to park the e30 as a dd and find something to replace it. Cause after a long ass day at work I wanna do nothing more then relax. Having my teeth rattled out and ear drums blown by my e30 doesn't seem to pleasant after a 15 hour day. Now if I'm just screwing around I'll take the e30 all day every day.
    I know what you mean. I've had other vehicles take the place to DD because once you take your E30 to a certain level, it gets old. It's nice to have something a little more grown up and comfortable. The ST's aren't comfy cars though, they are fun, but probably not for people who need a smooth ride for a daily. IMO though, the ride quality is completely fine but your opinion may vary.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

If it rides smoother then h&r sports with Billy's then I'll love it haha

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

If it rides smoother then h&r sports with Billy's then I'll love it haha
        Only one way to find out. Go beat the hell out of one at your local dealer.

If it has Recaros, and you're not fat, you'll likely fall in love.
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

Lmao maybe I will.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I've driven nothing but old cars as a dd. When my e30 broke down and I had to drive my parents new truck for a few days it made me never want to dd my e30 again. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love me e30 but it shouldn't be a daily IMO. Having a AC that will freeze your balls off is incredible and floating over the road is even better. Maybe I need to dial my e30 in more to be a daily idk. But after driving a new car for a daily it makes me want to park the e30 as a dd and find something to replace it. Cause after a long ass day at work I wanna do nothing more then relax. Having my teeth rattled out and ear drums blown by my e30 doesn't seem to pleasant after a 15 hour day. Now if I'm just screwing around I'll take the e30 all day every day.
            Have to admit, I picked up a new Hyundai Elantra sedan for my wife & it's pretty damn good for a DD. Got me thinking I need to swap out my adjustable strut tops for stock, swap my exhaust for something half sensible & swap in an M30 power steering pump to make my car a decent daily proposition (despite DDing it for almost 7 years now!) I'm getting too old for my bone rattling ride :)

Good job OP - I might go test drive an ST too :)
            My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Car is BONKERS fun. But it's way too small for my DD needs. Seems like I'll have a tough time carrying around my gym stuff and golf bag, etc. Awesome car... taking a look at it's bigger brother shortly =/
              Toyota Pickup

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                Girl: So, what do you drive?
                Guy: "Ford Fiesta"
                (crickets)
                As opposed to all the females the owner of a clapped out E30 will be swimming in...

Comment

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.
                  A. This is totally my new sig

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                  Girl: So, what do you drive?
                  Guy: "Ford Fiesta"
                  (crickets)
                  Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                  As opposed to all the females the owner of a clapped out E30 will be swimming in...
                  B. Beat me to it.

Devon, that car is dangerous. It was seriously a blast to ride in. Good thing I still have the E30 project and the Lexus treats me well, or else I would be in ST land.
                  1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                  You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

A guy I work with has one. He's a fuckin' prick. Hard to look at them the same after meeting that douche.

I still kinda want one, though.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I loved the Fist when my wife and I test drove one, better than i's big brother too.

Congrats on the sale! When those tires are toast, swap down to 16's and run 225/45/16 Star Specs. It will be nuts!
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                        A guy I work with has one. He's a fuckin' prick. Hard to look at them the same after meeting that douche.

I still kinda want one, though.
                        Have you met the average E30 owner?

Comment

Working...
                        X