Removing my A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing my A/C

I took the engine out of my eta in preperation of the m30 swap. I now need to remove my A/C system and have a few questions.

The main problem that I see is the fuel lines go into the A/C over on the driver's side, goes accross the firewall, then back over. This is what conserns me the most with removal.

Anyone done this on their eta with this fuel cooling set up? I know people have removed the whole A/C system from their cars so any help would be appriciated.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

I recently removed the A/C and fuel cooling system from my '87 325is. I removed all of the A/C system and traced the fuel hoses to their end point and removed them there.

Then I just went to the junkyard to look at how cars without the fuel cooler were set up. I bought the best hoses I saw there, and used them until I picked up some new high-pressure hoses.

So what I'm saying to break it down is that I think it is best to look at a non fuel-cooled car to see how the hoses are set up.

Comment

I got it all off today. As long as your A/C system is empty of refrigerant, all it takes is a wrench and thats it. It all came off in about 10 min. Very simple, expecially with the engine out;).
      Originally posted by cabriodster87
      "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
      Originally posted by Kershaw
      i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Working...
      X