Jammed Steering wheel locker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jammed Steering wheel locker

I have a 91 325i and I took off my steering wheel to put one on without an airbag. I then decided to put the old one back on but I was rushing and forgot to put the key back into the ignition and now the back of the steering wheel is jammed up against the Steering wheel lock. Please Help!

So you torqued down the wheel nut with the lock pin sticking up right? I've done that. Just pull harder, it will come off. The pin will have sheared off some of the metal collar behind it, and will have put a nice dent in the lock ring in the wheel. I was able to straighten the lock ring with vise grips. Never had an issue with the minor damage to the steering column.

Good luck!

EDIT - whoops, I have a non-airbag car. Not sure if there's a difference in the lock mech...
    '89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
    '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
    '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Comment

The way you put on steering wheel is the same for the non-airbag. But thanks! So just pull on the wheel harder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's what I did. It was stubborn but I was freaked out and just kept pulling. You've probably just mashed the metal parts together so it's stuck on, but it should come off.
        '89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
        '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
        '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Comment

Working...
        X