LED bulbs chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED bulbs chart

Hey all, did a quick search looking for this before I posted; but maybe I looked in the wrong section.

Just looking for an chart to upgrade some of the exterior/interior bulbs to LED. I've found the license plates ones.. Looking for back up, signal, etc.

Thanks in advance & sorry if this is an easy noob find, I just couldn't!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just say no to the LEDs. That said, if you must:

I run their 1156 in my reverse lights and the 38mm festoon in my license plate lights. Both are super bright.

Comment

and 1 ^^ i have led in my interior and its GARBAGE, Im going to pick n pull to steal.... i mean buy the original bulbs
      |OO=[||][||]=OO|
      /____ALPINA____\

sigpic
      300lbs Deadlift

1987 325es 2.7i chipped
      1992 325i : SOLD
      2004 e46 M3
      2007 e90 M3

Comment

def put LEDs in the trunk and do the dual trunk light mod. And LEDs in the reverse lights are practically a safety requirement. You can't see anything with stock 1156

That's a great link because all the LEDs you see at kragen and the like don't work well with our style taillights

I should add that with LEDs you get what you pay for and you wanna know what color temp you're buying so it won't look like shit. There's tons of cheap chinese shit out there so you have to weed through and make sure you buy reputable

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I have white dual LED's in the trunk and planning on on adding a small strip further back in the trunk. I did upgrade my cabin lights to LEDs but chose a yellow tint to them. They're really no different than stock coloring, just brighter. I will eventually do the back up lights. Like Delfin said, they suck.
          My Garage
          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I appreciate all the quick replies! I by no means want shitty quality, so I'll weed out the bad for the goods. I just mainly wanted to brighten up the necessary ones like you guys have touched on; reverse & trunk. Would like the cabin lights brighter, so I may try some out for that yet keep my stocks incase I don't like the outcome.

Once again, thanks r3v!

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
              def put LEDs in the trunk and do the dual trunk light mod.

Link to this mod?

Comment

Really just google e30 dual trunk lights. Its been done TONs of time and is super easy.
                My Garage
                Feedback

Comment

LED bulbs chart

Yeah just did.. Lol too easy. Definitely doing that tmrw in my off time.
                  Last edited by htx_e30; 01-28-2016, 10:20 PM.

Comment

If you end up putting LEDs in the turn signals, your lights will flash too fast. To solve this, you can either add in load resitors, or get a solid state flasher like this:

I prefer the latter as then you get the benefits of a smaller load on your wiring and you can't have to splice any wires. You can get flashers like this at any autoparts store.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                      If you end up putting LEDs in the turn signals, your lights will flash too fast. To solve this, you can either add in load resitors, or get a solid state flasher like this:

I prefer the latter as then you get the benefits of a smaller load on your wiring and you can't have to splice any wires. You can get flashers like this at any autoparts store.

I appreciate it! You have a part number or anything on that?

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                        I have white dual LED's in the trunk and planning on on adding a small strip further back in the trunk. I did upgrade my cabin lights to LEDs but chose a yellow tint to them. They're really no different than stock coloring, just brighter. I will eventually do the back up lights. Like Delfin said, they suck.
                        What did you buy for the interiors? Been wanting to go LED but seems like 'white' means 'blue' in the eBay LED world, and we don't want that in a nice, stock, classic car.... Much more interested in whatever you have.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                        (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Superbrightleds I think
                          My Garage
                          Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by htx_e30 View Post
                            I appreciate it! You have a part number or anything on that?

It's literally just a generic flasher. They come in 2 and 3 pin variations. I think E30's are 3-pin, but I'm not positive. I would just take yours in with you to the parts store and match it up.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                              It's literally just a generic flasher. They come in 2 and 3 pin variations. I think E30's are 3-pin, but I'm not positive. I would just take yours in with you to the parts store and match it up.

Right on just didn't know if you'd done yourself & had on hand. Ok can do & I'll post it back in here once I have. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X