Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

newCUSTOM IS lip (w/remounted pic 2/26/04)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newCUSTOM IS lip (w/remounted pic 2/26/04)

what do ya think? there are still a few kinks i need to straighten out. made from a decently thick sheet of aluminum.

and the shot everyone does with their IS lip.

i had it made flat at the bottom at first, then decided to cut out the center similar to the IS lip.
    mating it to the I lip was the easiest way to mount it for now. I may just mount it to the valance when i have time for fitment
    FOKAI DA'MA'SHI'I ENSANE GRAPPING INT.

pretty creative, its def kool, i sure hope you paint it

Comment

Eh.

I suppose it might be decent for track usage, better yet a top speed trial. Other than that, it looks incredibly impractical on a daily driver.

-Charlie
      Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
      '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
      FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
        Eh.

I suppose it might be decent for track usage, better yet a top speed trial. Other than that, it looks incredibly impractical on a daily driver.

-Charlie
        werd, get a wash and paint it and we will see.

I bombed Korea every night.

Comment

hey at least ur experimenting with new ideas gotta give u proprs for that 8)

Comment

i may mount it directly to the valance. its just that i didnt want to cut off the connecting clips for the "I" lip. I'll find a way to get around it.
            as for washing my car, and painting it, its winter, and im in the Pacific Northwest. wanna wash my car everyday for me? and i cant paint it yet. its too cold. I dont want it to drip. well, i might have someone do it at the shop. we'll see.
            FOKAI DA'MA'SHI'I ENSANE GRAPPING INT.

Comment

your bimmer your mods if you like it go with it . its looks good imo

Comment

Good luck with that on a daily driver. You so much as bump into anything, and its gonna crumple.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
                  Good luck with that on a daily driver. You so much as bump into anything, and its gonna crumple.
                  nahhhhhhh he'll survive as long as he drives carefully, my boy mark used to drive his A3 this low in NYC every day and he survived

Comment

Originally posted by AndreNY
                    Originally posted by Jordan
                    nahhhhhhh he'll survive as long as he drives carefully, my boy mark used to drive his A3 this low in NYC every day and he survived

rebadged GTi

Comment

Whats the diff from Mk3 and A3?

I bombed Korea every night.

Comment

not a whole lot but they are diffrent. A3 that they have in europe, mexico and not sure canada. not here in the us. but A3 is a mix of an audi interior and vw shell. and A3 has the audi door handles.
                        a3

mk4

Comment

when he says a3 he isnt talking about the audi, hes talking about the vw chasis code a3.

Comment

A is the same kind of chassis code as Mk. For example:

A2 Golf = MkII Golf
                            A3 Jetta = MkIII Jetta

Comment

I say mount it to the front valence and put the "I" lip away (or sell it to me ;) I need an I lip with the snow here for the winter season)

But seriosuly I think it would look better if mounted directly to the front spoiler. Then paint it ASAP.
                              Good work..I like the lip 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X