No announcement yet.

1984 318i LS1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

👍 is it hard to find these rhd oem booster brackets?
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
      👍 is it hard to find these rhd oem booster brackets?
      All RHD cars have them, I've got a few spares here in Australia
      We're out there in here.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
        I just chopped/welded up the OEM rhd booster bracket and linkage. Then bolted an old 911 booster on with the original e30 drum brake master which suited the caliper size(e46 front/Ti rear). I made up some hardlines and 2 bulkhead fittings so the fluid resivour I found in the junkyard could be mounted under the hood

The whole car was built from left over junk and bits and pieces. Just lots of time
        Thats freaking awesome, can you please post some pictures of your setup.
        First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

For what it's worth one of the local boys is fabricating brackets that flip the booster to sit inside, they're a really tidy solution
          sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Who's making those? With the low pound at the moment, I was thinking of buying the Ergen setup for a future project.

Nice work on the swap OP!

Did you use some off the shelf mounts, or make your own? Also - any further info on using the e46 stuff up front? Your wheels look well forward in the wheel wells.
            My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
              Who's making those? With the low pound at the moment, I was thinking of buying the Ergen setup for a future project.

Did you use some off the shelf mounts, or make your own? Also - any further info on using the e46 stuff up front? Your wheels look well forward in the wheel wells.
              They have those brackets listed for sale on the e30 enthusiast aus Facebook page.

I just made the mounts from 3 and 5 mil steel plate

On the front I've got the bearing adapter sleeves with e46 318 brakes, e30 m3 offset bushings are what give it a bit more caster
              We're out there in here.

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post

26th Street I think the name is
                sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Working...
                X