Nj Bmw Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nj Bmw Meet

O.K. I have been on a couple of forums since I aquired my first E30, and talked to allot of cool people who have been very helpful. So it’s time to meet some of you. I propose that we join the NJ BMW CCA, they are meeting this Wednesday the 17th.
    Follow the link to their homepage for info, I’m also adding the info for the meeting. http://www.njbmwcca.org/
    See you guys there.

8:00 pm at the Deutscher Club in Clark
    Directions to The Deutscher Club of Clark
    787 Featherbed Lane, Clark, NJ, 732-574-8600

Garden State Parkway to Exit 135 (Westfield).
    Take Central Avenue towards Westfield.
    Turn left at the first light onto Raritan Road.
    Turn right at the second light onto Westfield Ave.
    Follow the "L" shape of this road (do not turn off to the right).
    After 300 yards turn left at the big yellow "DC" sign.

Let me know who is coming.

bimer 8604 come out an meet some locals, we are not as bad as your friends in Cali warned you. lol
    sigpic
    WTB-Strut Bar

shouldnt you be a member of the nj bmw cca if you plan on showing up?

clark isnt that far but i think i have class that night so ya, doesnt look good for me.

Comment

I plan on becoming a member, I will probably procrastinate till that evening and do it online, I thought they could do it on the spot but they said online or over the phone. They also said you did not need to be a member to come to the meeting, hook and bait maybe. Sounds like a way of meeting fellow e30/BMW enthusiasts.
      sigpic
      WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

I'm in the NJCCA, so is my brother (E30Andy) and a few of the NJ guys you see on here like Kommissar.

Jury's out on if I'll make it up to Clark tomorrow though.

Oh and why are you procrastinating? Just join. It's inexpensive and you save an assload on parts at local dealers, you have access to the chapter toolchest, driving events (NJCCA autocrosses for example), the Roundel Mag. Just do it.

Comment

Thanks man, I will I'm just a procrastinator that's all. I'm joining so I can meet with forum mebers and find fellow enthusiast. See you then.
          sigpic
          WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

meh, i have class now on wed nights. woulda been interested in going...

how much does that membership you speak of set you back?

Comment

Hey Mikee30,

BMW CCA is $40, not sure if the Jersey chapter has additional dues.

I will post after I attend as I'm trying to get all you Jersey guys round up so we can all meet. You know share same interest, exchange storys, check out each others rides and mods, etc.
              sigpic
              WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

It was terrible I tell you !!!!

First off we were made to sign the register upon entry, without it they would not serve us at the bar. Then this blond barmaid greeted us in German and asked us what type of German beer we wanted. (Hotel of California anyone??) There was no Edinger on Tap!!! The nerve, we settled for Weihenstephaner Weissbier Dunkel !!! (my favorite) I sprung for the $5 bar tab (for two, the price of a coke in a bar in NYC). Just when I thought it was going to be my brother and about ten guys at the bar meeting with the Senior German ladies club (with a mike and loudspeakers), it turns out we had to go upstairs to where the meeting was actually taking place.

Two club members that participated and won their class in Newfoundland rally, did a wonderful job (Abbot and Costello antics) at describing their experience, video footage, pictures plenty of stories.

People got up and mouthed off items and cars they wanted to sell, one guy had the nerve to say he had some Free winter tires to whomever picked them up from his place, (cant he deliver them?)

Ok so now these ladies walk in with trays of Bratwurst, and sandwiches of different kinds of German styled cold cuts. They did not have the decency to ask if I had dinner before, now I had to eat brat with sauerkraut till I needed another Weissbier Dunkel !!! Here's another $5 bucks !!!
                No one even had the courtesy of making my pay for dues or anything, the president gave me his e-mail address and asked me to go to the web-page and pay BMW CCA if I wanted to pay anyone.
                Oh and did I mention the women members... not to my wife anyhow!!!

I tell you I'm going to have to go back every month to see if everyone is as nice as the people I met the first time !!! I'll keep you posted
                sigpic
                WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

well then, its a damn good thing i didnt show up!

Comment

Why you don't like, Beer, Women, or talking about BMWs????

lol
                    sigpic
                    WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Originally posted by Aerton View Post
                      Why you don't like, Beer, Women, or talking about BMWs????

lol
                      :tsk:

haha well maybe if i was

Comment

The NJBMWCCA is a real good group. There is always someone there willing to help you out. I've made lots of great freinds there. Now you gotta start going to some of the events like the auto-x's and rallies and you will really start to get to know the people.
                        All Your Base Is Belongs To Us

Comment

Working...
                        X