Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88+ front valence

i know this has been asked before on e30 sport but the site is down so
    does a 88+ front valence fit on a 86 car with little or no modification??

direct bolt on....

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Well, ya gotta cut off the tow hooks, but yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill 84 318i
        Well, ya gotta cut off the tow hooks, but yeah.
        oh yeah, forgot that. It took me about 5 minutes with my hacksaw, then I sprayed the exposed metal with undercoat.

Comment

is that true for any front air dam? like on my 87' wont another 87 air dam bolt on no problem, no cutting?
          Last edited by bwanac; 02-02-2008, 10:48 PM.

Comment

yeah, its just that after 87 the toe hook moved to a removeable mount in the bumper. That is really the only difference.
            Im now E30less.
            sigpic

Comment

sweet
              bmp rear i don't care if it's wavey
              the old man is a body guy

Comment

I would just like to point something out. Its a trend I'm noticing all too much lately...

People that have autobody professionals in the family, or as good friends, seem to think the BMP kit will magicly fit if they bring it to these people.

The BMP kit is shit, no matter who is fitting it. I've seen many many professionally fit BMP kits that still looked like outright ass. The only car I have ever seen, that it looked to fit well on, is a member on here with a Turbo s50 in his Eta. The only reason it looks to fit well in the pictures, is because the gaps were filled with caulking. Now I will admit this works for pictures, its hard to see such detail in the digital meda... however....

Who here has seen that car in real life? How does that caulking look?

Bottom line is clear here, but let me say it again. The BMP kit is wavy ass slop fitting shit. Your autobody guy isn't a magician.

Comment

Honestly, the caulking doesn't look that bad. It doesn't stand out at all unless you are actually looking for it. The only problem with caulking? Only works on a white car.

Comment

Originally posted by boom-monkey
                    Honestly, the caulking doesn't look that bad. It doesn't stand out at all unless you are actually looking for it. The only problem with caulking? Only works on a white car.
                    Indeed. I also saw Brandon's car and it doesnt look all that bad. A couple of spots are noticable but Brandon showed me most of them.
                    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Working...
                    X