• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exhaust, what headers?
    E92 Msport

Comment

Stock 325i exhaust without cats. Manzo long tube headers

Comment

://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?454142-E36-M3-Dyno-Sheet-Library

This is a great thread with lots of graphs. I found a few that look a lot like mine. None make as much low end torque as mine. I did find some s52 with M50 intake reviews of the epic tune and they said the samething. HUGE noticeable gains in low end torque. Up top felt the same. Perfect then for the street since I am very rarely in the 5500rpm+ range

Comment

Ok so when I put my itbs on I popped the valve cover off. I have an s52 with s52 cams. The cams are installed with less overlap. Giving me more low end torque. Losing a little hp up top. My vanos needs to be shut off earlier to compensate for this. My off the shelf tune is obviously not for this setup .will be tuned on megasquirt April 23rd

Comment

Originally posted by richardkeith97 View Post
            Ok so when I put my itbs on I popped the valve cover off. I have an s52 with s52 cams. The cams are installed with less overlap. Giving me more low end torque. Losing a little hp up top. My vanos needs to be shut off earlier to compensate for this. My off the shelf tune is obviously not for this setup .will be tuned on megasquirt April 23rd
            Or, could just time the cams correctly.

Most of the people who have low/less torque are because they aren't tuned or are running crazy/silly exhausts.
            E92 Msport

Comment

Originally posted by TheAxiom View Post
              Or, could just time the cams correctly.

Most of the people who have low/less torque are because they aren't tuned or are running crazy/silly exhausts.
              I like the car like this . It's a street car. With the cams timed correctly I won't make the same amount of torque at 3k

Comment

Originally posted by richardkeith97 View Post
                I like the car like this . It's a street car. With the cams timed correctly I won't make the same amount of torque at 3k
                Yeah, it probably will. Having the cams timed wrong doesn't mean you gain 50lb-ft because you're loosing 50whp. It could mean you're losing 20whp for 5lb-ft of torque.

You either want to do it right, or you don't, its entirely possible to make the same or more torque you have down low and more power up top
                Last edited by TheAxiom; 04-12-2018, 06:32 AM.
                E92 Msport

Comment

Stock S52 tuned (S52 manifold)

Sam car as above tuned with a M50 manifold now:

With Exhaust tuned

(different car?)
                  Stock S52 w/ M50 manifold tuned

You're asking people how to work around your cam timing, and that's just not the way to do it.
                  E92 Msport

Comment

Well I guess I'll find out april 23rd. My tunes weren't made for this type of cam adjustment. So an off the shelf tune isn't really a good example. If I'm not happy with the results from the Dyno tune I'll get the cams fixed. I'll report bFk here with the results

Comment

Curious do they do OBD 1 tuning at this shop? I am up the road from them. Headers and a schrick cams on my motor but otherwise similar.

Comment

Originally posted by brads2002 View Post
                        Curious do they do OBD 1 tuning at this shop? I am up the road from them. Headers and a schrick cams on my motor but otherwise similar.
                        Has to be on megasquirt

Comment

Thanks. Good luck on April 23rd.

Comment

Any update OP?
                            E92 Msport

Comment

Yes. My outerwear filters we're not flowing enough air. Their was a vacuum at 4k. I got some pipercross and itg's coming in the mail. Then have to make an appointment to have retuned :( pain in the ass. Live and learn I guess. I thought the outerwear filters wouldn't be restrictive. Didn't do my homework on them.

Comment

Filters should be 3-4x the area of the opening of the trumpet and at least 2" away from the front also

Comment

Working...
                                X