R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Classified Forums > Group Buys

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2017, 12:10 PM   #481
Massive Lee
R3V OG
 
Massive Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliad View Post
I run the biggest kit that massive sells.
332mm front and 310mm rear.

The 8" wide wheels clear without issue.
I am running the 2mm spacer that Lee includes in the kit as a precaution.


^That's my car
BTW These wheels would accept a 355x32mm rotor. But obviously that would be waaaaaaaayyyyy overkill. Call me a neo-traditionalist, but I still prefer the original flat face ARC8 wheel.
__________________
Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056





Massive Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:39 AM   #482
Nick's e30
Mod Crazy
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC (Ct Side)
Posts: 633
Lee is your Massive kit a 4 or 6 pot front piston?
Nick's e30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:42 AM   #483
Massive Lee
R3V OG
 
Massive Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,302
They are 4 pistons. I used to offer a 6-piston radially mounted kit, but it was expensive and didn't sell enough to keep producing. But I am thinking reintroducing it since the expensive Wilwood SL6R has been phased out and replaced by the Radial Superlite costing 2/3 the price.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...78417442267056

BTW I don't have ONE massive kit but a dozen different e30 kits to suit eveyone's needs

FRONT
280x22mm Corrado G60 rotor w/ Dynapro caliper
280x21mm two-piece rotor w/ Dynapro caliper
300x21mm two-piece floating rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
300x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
300x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/radially mounted AP Racing CP8350 caliper
332x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
332x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ radially mounted AP Racing CP8350 caliper - e30 M3
332/355x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ radially mounted Wilwood Superlite caliper - e30 M3



REAR
300x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
300x32mm two-piece fixed rotors w/radially mounted AP Racing CP8350 caliper
310x32mm two-piece fixed rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
300/310mm two-piece fixed rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount for 318Ti swapped hubs
332x32mm rear floating rotors w/ radially mounted Superlite calipers for the e30 M3
__________________
Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056






Last edited by Massive Lee; 01-05-2017 at 07:12 AM.
Massive Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:22 AM   #484
Nick's e30
Mod Crazy
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC (Ct Side)
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Lee View Post
They are 4 pistons. I used to offer a 6-piston radially mounted kit, but it was expensive and didn't sell enough to keep producing. But I am thinking reintroducing it since the expensive Wilwood SL6R has been phased out and replaced by the Radial Superlite costing 2/3 the price.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...78417442267056

BTW I don't have ONE massive kit but a dozen different e30 kits to suit eveyone's needs

FRONT
280x22mm Corrado G60 rotor w/ Dynapro caliper
280x21mm two-piece rotor w/ Dynapro caliper
300x21mm two-piece floating rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
300x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
300x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/radially mounted AP Racing CP8350 caliper
332x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
332x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ radially mounted AP Racing CP8350 caliper - e30 M3
332/355x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ radially mounted Wilwood Superlite caliper - e30 M3



REAR
300x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
300x32mm two-piece fixed rotors w/radially mounted AP Racing CP8350 caliper
310x32mm two-piece fixed rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
300/310mm two-piece fixed rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount for 318Ti swapped hubs
332x32mm rear floating rotors w/ radially mounted Superlite calipers for the e30 M3
I saw this. I'll shoot you a PM.
Nick's e30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:22 PM   #485
dannyboy1
Noobie
 
dannyboy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 12
I'm interested in a set. Either silver, or anthracite.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
87 partly Eta
dannyboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:45 PM   #486
Nick's e30
Mod Crazy
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC (Ct Side)
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy1 View Post
I'm interested in a set. Either silver, or anthracite.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Group buy is long done. Give Apex a call and check and see if they have another set.
Nick's e30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:32 AM   #487
iliad
E30 Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Lee View Post
BTW These wheels would accept a 355x32mm rotor. But obviously that would be waaaaaaaayyyyy overkill. Call me a neo-traditionalist, but I still prefer the original flat face ARC8 wheel.

Haha that would be insane.
The kit I have now is fantastic.
Zero brake fade and very consistent braking.

I'm 100% with you.
The concave wheels are a huge failure of you ask me...

Bigger wheels that are harder to fit and can't even run the same size tire as the flat faced version..
__________________
Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
iliad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:43 AM   #488
Massive Lee
R3V OG
 
Massive Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,302
I wouldn't say that the concave wheels are a failure. They are great strong wheels and they look extremely good, but they only just don't offer the same clearance for BBKs. Perhaps wheels for a different crowd. Actually, in my opinion a flat faced 17x8.5 would have been awesome. But I guess that production constraints make it not possible.

But think about that : the e30 has been out of production for a quarter of a century, yet new wheels are still available. Count yourself lucky.
__________________
Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056





Massive Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:00 PM   #489
Zacm829
E30 Mastermind
 
Zacm829's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,902
Send a message via AIM to Zacm829
Concaves are defiantly a let down. I have to do some work to make mine fit with decent sized tires and a BBK. I do love the look though.

Lee is right new wheels for this vintage of car is a blessing.
__________________
1987 325i-M62b44 swap
Zacm829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:21 AM   #490
iliad
E30 Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Lee View Post
I wouldn't say that the concave wheels are a failure. They are great strong wheels and they look extremely good, but they only just don't offer the same clearance for BBKs. Perhaps wheels for a different crowd. Actually, in my opinion a flat faced 17x8.5 would have been awesome. But I guess that production constraints make it not possible.

But think about that : the e30 has been out of production for a quarter of a century, yet new wheels are still available. Count yourself lucky.
They are a great looking wheel but since when has apex built stance wheels?

Kind of defeats the purpose of going to 17's if you cannot fit big tires and have them fit over big brakes.

I am very happy that apex made the flat faces again so now I have a spare set of wheels to mount some R-compounds..

Just would have been nice to have some 255's square fit my e30 under stock fenders.
__________________
Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
iliad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:43 AM   #491
Nick's e30
Mod Crazy
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC (Ct Side)
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Lee View Post
BTW These wheels would accept a 355x32mm rotor. But obviously that would be waaaaaaaayyyyy overkill. Call me a neo-traditionalist, but I still prefer the original flat face ARC8 wheel.
Can we build me a front kit with these 355x32

It'd look so good!
Nick's e30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:59 AM   #492
Massive Lee
R3V OG
 
Massive Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick's e30 View Post
Can we build me a front kit with these 355x32

It'd look so good!
Here are some 17x8 e30 M3 ARC8 w/ a 355x32mm BBK It can be done too with e36 M3 knuckles. Could be done with the 4-lug e30 if using a radial mount and Radial Superlite caliper as in the pictures.









__________________
Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056





Massive Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:09 PM   #493
om606e30
Noobie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: PNW
Posts: 1
Any plans to make the 17x8.5 in anthracite again? I've been holding off on doing suspension and brake upgrades until I know I can get these wheels.
om606e30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:32 PM   #494
robgoesvroom
E30 Modder
 
robgoesvroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 819
Send a message via AIM to robgoesvroom
Was a pain in the ass to fit up front

https://i.imgur.com/PHaVmKY.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/v0yeokD.jpg
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/hKJZifs.png

Last edited by robgoesvroom; 01-27-2017 at 06:13 PM.
robgoesvroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:19 PM   #495
ThatM20Guy
E30 Addict
 
ThatM20Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 436
Are 17x8 et35's possible? Need wheels for my ix but need the higher offset
__________________
89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyx View Post
I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.
ThatM20Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 - 2020 R3VLimited LLC