R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > Regional Forums > Gatherings & Regional Discussion > Tristate

Old 02-17-2016, 11:15 AM   #1
Mike_z

Car Meets in NYC?

Hey guys just wondering, are there any meet ups for us e30 guys around New York?
I've had E30s for the past three years and never have I met a fellow person with an E30 to even befriend around here lol.
Just wondering, it'd be cool to take drives out to Bear Mountain and others as a group. Just not sure if something like this already exists

2008 E60 528Xi - Daily
1991 E30 318iS S50 ///M
1987 E30 325 [SOLD]

Follow my build thread!
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=385058
Mike_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:49 PM   #2
Gordo0208
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_z View Post
Hey guys just wondering, are there any meet ups for us e30 guys around New York?

I've had E30s for the past three years and never have I met a fellow person with an E30 to even befriend around here lol.

Just wondering, it'd be cool to take drives out to Bear Mountain and others as a group. Just not sure if something like this already exists

There's a couple! I feel the same way you do tho so I stopped driving my E30 for a while and started driving the E36, wdu know everyone drives a damn E36 lol.

Where are you located? I live in Queens and work in LI.
I know OMG Motorsports has hosted a couple of small gatherings I've never been able to make it to but he knows plenty of people with E30's. Good shop if you need work done as well.
Gordo0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:22 PM   #3
Gordo0208
Advanced Member

Btw I meant there's a couple of people with E30's not that there are a couple of meets lol
Old 02-17-2016, 02:04 PM   #4
chuckdizzle
Advanced Member

Quote:
There's a lot more activity when Springtime hits. Lots of weekly meets on Long Island, Cars & Coffee on Sundays at Captree Park is a big one. There's a weekly meet in summer on Thursday nights in Glen Cove and then they all cruise to the late night meet at Home Depot parking lot in Westbury. Friday nights are big at Shake Shack near Roosevelt Field Mall.

On bimmerforums we organize a few NYC get togethers but those are really for gratuitous drinking and hanging out, no cars are present.
chuckdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:00 PM   #5
Mike_z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo0208 View Post
There's a couple! I feel the same way you do tho so I stopped driving my E30 for a while and started driving the E36, wdu know everyone drives a damn E36 lol.

Where are you located? I live in Queens and work in LI.
I know OMG Motorsports has hosted a couple of small gatherings I've never been able to make it to but he knows plenty of people with E30's. Good shop if you need work done as well.
That's great! haha, I'm from Brooklyn, Williamsburg.
I've heard of OMG motorsports but never been there or met them yet but I do plan on it! I'll try to have my eyes peeled for any meet ups from them I suppose!

2008 E60 528Xi - Daily
1991 E30 318iS S50 ///M
1987 E30 325 [SOLD]

Follow my build thread!
Old 02-17-2016, 05:03 PM   #6
Mike_z

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdizzle View Post
There's a lot more activity when Springtime hits. Lots of weekly meets on Long Island, Cars & Coffee on Sundays at Captree Park is a big one. There's a weekly meet in summer on Thursday nights in Glen Cove and then they all cruise to the late night meet at Home Depot parking lot in Westbury. Friday nights are big at Shake Shack near Roosevelt Field Mall.

On bimmerforums we organize a few NYC get togethers but those are really for gratuitous drinking and hanging out, no cars are present.
I'm definitely going to keep those places in mind. Took a picture for future reference, I definitely want to go out to a cars and coffee event once in a while. Is there a lot of people at the Glen Cove spot? I hate to say but I am a bit shy when it comes to meeting new people, especially when you drive up to a meet up you've never been at where everyone knows each other hahah, will try to come out there nonetheless

2008 E60 528Xi - Daily
1991 E30 318iS S50 ///M
1987 E30 325 [SOLD]

Follow my build thread!
Old 02-18-2016, 08:05 AM   #7
chuckdizzle
Advanced Member

Quote:
I'm definitely going to keep those places in mind. Took a picture for future reference, I definitely want to go out to a cars and coffee event once in a while. Is there a lot of people at the Glen Cove spot? I hate to say but I am a bit shy when it comes to meeting new people, especially when you drive up to a meet up you've never been at where everyone knows each other hahah, will try to come out there nonetheless
The Glen Cove meet is fairly active, from there the BMW folks cruise to the Home Depot lot in Westbury. With my work schedule I can't make it to Glen Cove in time so I usually meet everyone in westbury, it goes from 9pm - midnight. It's a very relaxed meet at Home Depot, no parking lot shenanigans or gratuitous engine revving.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:46 AM   #8
BklynE30Dude

I'm in BK Heights. Been thinking of organizing a drive up the Taconic to meet up with fellow E30 enthusiasts. One of them I bought wheels from last year. Plus, that's a fun drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BklynE30Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:06 PM   #9
chuckdizzle
Advanced Member

Quote:
That's great! haha, I'm from Brooklyn, Williamsburg.
I've heard of OMG motorsports but never been there or met them yet but I do plan on it! I'll try to have my eyes peeled for any meet ups from them I suppose!
+1 for OMG Motorsports. I'm hoping they put together a meet to celebrate their new location, still under construction. There was a really nice beach park meet they organized last summer with a big BBQ.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:04 PM   #10
dude8383
Forum Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to dude8383
Cant help but chime in!

Hoping to do something cool this summer as well once we're up and running. Maybe a BBQ for the grand re-opening!

Need OE BMW or Aftermarket Parts? Shoot me a PM! | Leave me feedback here
(631) 393 0334 | info@omgmotorworks.com
dude8383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 05:47 AM   #11
Gordo0208
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynE30Dude View Post
I'm in BK Heights. Been thinking of organizing a drive up the Taconic to meet up with fellow E30 enthusiasts. One of them I bought wheels from last year. Plus, that's a fun drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a VERY fun drive and depending how far up you go there's beautiful scenery as well. I've neglected my E30 since I bought my E36 M3, I'm gonna have to show her some love if these meets and drives are gonna get going!!
Old 02-20-2016, 06:08 PM   #12
tomwas
Grease Monkey

There is a good c&c every Sunday am in Yorktown heights and a decent bimmer attendance... But my friend and I will be heading to the meet at the fireside restaurant in Paramus. He's got a 91 ix and I'll be there with my vert . you'll see our two red e30's there.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:42 AM   #13
NYCDelphin

lonely Delphin sedan in Richmond Hill Queens checking in!
I agree.. the e30s in Queens are far and few between...

I guess i will have to wait until the summer of 2017 to come out and play again...
Hunkering down for this winter and will add to my parts/mods list for summer fun
NYCDelphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:04 AM   #14
dude8383
Forum Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to dude8383
There are probably more E30's in Queens than any other place... I live in Brooklyn and see an E30 maybe once or twice a month. The Williamsburg/Greenpoint area does have a larger concentration though.

Need OE BMW or Aftermarket Parts? Shoot me a PM! | Leave me feedback here
(631) 393 0334 | info@omgmotorworks.com
dude8383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:46 AM   #15
NYCDelphin

you could be true... its funny how only when you own a car then you tend to notice more of those cars around.

I saw a red vert speeding through my block over the weekend... and a black vert on bags 2 weeks ago... with a car seat in the back.....

so.. yea.. lets see how next summer goes.
2006 X5 4.4i

Past rides:
2003 330ci
1996 Honda Accord V6
1995 Acura Integra GSR
1989 Acura Legend coupe
1987 Buick Regal
1981 VW Rabbit
1982 Toyota Tercel
Plymouth Fire Arrow
NYCDelphin is offline   Reply With Quote