No announcement yet.

Bad Tire Rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same problem with mine. I have rubbed my rears down pretty good as well with Style 5's from an E38. I'm in the process of trying to eliminate that by either getting a proper 5-lug setup (M3's in front, Z3M for the rear and snagging some E46/E36 wheels) or just ditching the adapters and going back to lightweight 14's or 15's in a 4x100 pattern with some solid brakes.
    1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
    2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
    2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
      I have the same problem with mine. I have rubbed my rears down pretty good as well with Style 5's from an E38. I'm in the process of trying to eliminate that by either getting a proper 5-lug setup (M3's in front, Z3M for the rear and snagging some E46/E36 wheels) or just ditching the adapters and going back to lightweight 14's or 15's in a 4x100 pattern with some solid brakes.
      Obviously if I had the money id be looking into a 5 lug setup but obviously I dont, Ive been looking into getting my wheels re-drilled but it seems expensive

Comment

Have you actually rang anybody for a quotation?

For the price of a 5 studd conversion you can buy whatever 4 stud wheels you like. brand new ronal LS or even some flash BBS in the correct size.

If i were you id sell the wheels and spacers as a kit to someone else to try and make them fit, and use that money to buy wheels that fit properly:)

Comment

Originally posted by Junk_30 View Post
          Would anyone know how to get these redrilled
          I usually do it for $240 all 4 wheels, filled then drilled.
          Your set up needs to be at a 205/40/16 or 205/45/16 also, the brand of tire matters as some higher end brands run wider than the cheaper brands. For example federals 205s fit like a 215 tire, hence the nickname FATERALS.
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Ideas:
            949 Racing SpecE30 wheels

Or TR Motorsports at Tire Rack

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
              I usually do it for $240 all 4 wheels, filled then drilled.
              Your set up needs to be at a 205/40/16 or 205/45/16 also, the brand of tire matters as some higher end brands run wider than the cheaper brands. For example federals 205s fit like a 215 tire, hence the nickname FATERALS.
              Thanks for the help ill call around in my area, just curious, how does the process of refilling work, i.e. what do you fill it with

Comment

Working...
              X