Ruby's Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
    Nope check it out. Cable was in fair condition when I had it. And I had the throttle stick maybe twice. Just didn't stick at redline thankfully. Never knew this was an issue till then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank God that never happened to me[emoji43]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Lindsay and I got married on the 16th, and of course the car was a part of the wedding. We had a painting made of us and our cats riding in the car for everyone to sign, and of course we had a top-down departure from the wedding.

The guy I bought the car from, and who helped out with the engine swap, made it out to the wedding with his lady friend. As a wedding gift, they gave me a new roundel for the hood, and a BMW CCA badge for the grille. I got them installed today, and it looks good! Now I just need to look into actually joining BMW CCA lol. Thanks, kevin!

Comment

I tightened up the E brake today since it was horribly loose. All you do is get it on jack stands, raise the handle 5 clicks, and tighten these 2 nuts under the hand brake until you can't turn the wheels by hand. I've been needing to do this for such a long time, and it only took 30 minutes to do, including time to get my jack and stands out and to get the car up.

Comment

I finally got around to fixing my odometer, or rather, my trip meter that turned at about 1/2 rate, maybe slower. The trip meter seems trivial, unless your fuel level sender doesn't work!

Here's the whole thing all taken out, with the new Garagistic gears to show.

The subject of today's autopsy.

Hmm...those gears don't appear to be worn out.

And the yellow gasket makes me think that someone's already given Ruby the Garagistic gears. OH WELL! I have my brand new ones, and a trip meter that doesn't work. In they go!

Aaaand here's the new gears in. I think the innermost gear might have wiggled loose, allowing the green gear that turns the trip meter to make incosistent contact to spin the tripmeter. Good news, it work! I got gas and reset the trip meter, and watched it consistently turn the .1 mile number all the way around. Before, it would turn .1-.3, stop for a bit, then continue on to count the mile.

Now if only I could find that stupid thumb screw for the trim piece under the gauge cluster. One of them. magically disappeared today. Gotta have a project for another day, right?
          Last edited by Levy3Poop; 10-03-2017, 10:21 PM.

Comment

I needed to replace a license plate light, so logically I also ordered LED headlights! They're 12,000 lumen bright SOBs, and it was literally just plug n' play.

These ones are the Zdatt 12,000 lumen headlights listed for $30 on Amazon. I got the 9005s for the high beams and 9006s for the low beams, so it was $60 total for them. They come with little glass sleeves to go over the diodes themselves to change the color of the light. There's a 3000 Kelvin sleeve for yellow, 6000 Kelvin sleeve for bright white, and 8000 Kelvin for blue. I opted to go blue on the low beams and white on the highs. I like that I can just try other colors if I want though.

You can see in the second picture how the LED has no dim spots like the halogen (LED right, Halogen left). I haven't driven with them at night yet, but I'll see how good they are after I get off work.

Comment

I was messing with my fog lights, and realized I had a spot of rust on my front bumper (for lack of a better name for the piece the lip mounts to). There was a little spot of rust on the top corner, and a spot in the middle as well.

I busted out my handy dandy Dremel, grinded away the rust and hit it with my touch up brush. Right as rain!

Comment

The driver side grille was broken on the outside of the low beam, so I went ahead and ordered a new one.

Here's the new part

And all installed! I got it all installed with the BMWCCA badge on it, and it's looking good as new!

Also, my right license plate light is out, and a new bulb didn't fix it, so I figured what harm would it be to spend $11 on a new bulb housing, just in case.

And shit. Looks like I have a gremlin on my hands.

Comment

Keepin' the ol'girl fresh Levy.

Think an IS lip is on the list of exterior upgrades? I think it would really sharpen up the look of your front end over the vulva lip ;)

Comment

Congrats on that marriage, and the new top!
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
                      Keepin' the ol'girl fresh Levy.

Think an IS lip is on the list of exterior upgrades? I think it would really sharpen up the look of your front end over the vulva lip ;)
                      The IS lip, IS splitter, and a new rear bumper are all on the list of appearance mods I really wanna do. Hopefully I'll get a flying job soon and be making more than a college student lol. Glad you like the progression!

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                        Congrats on that marriage, and the new top!
                        Thanks! Poor Lindsay's dad didn't watch the instructional video I sent him on how to replace the top, and had no idea it would be a 3 day project. He thought "Oh yeah, that'll be what? 3 hours?"

Needless to say, I bought him a bottle of some good Colorado Whiskey as a thank you for the top install, and the marriage :)

Comment

New air filter also today. Zwill inspired/reminded me to change my air filter in his thread when he talks about getting his oil examined, so thanks Zach!

Comment

Congrats on the marriage, so cool that the E30 is a big part. That just means you will have to take good care of it so it can be around for a while.I think parkerbink is selling a bunch of goodies that you can use, from his old vert.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Congrats on the marriage, so cool that the E30 is a big part. That just means you will have to take good care of it so it can be around for a while.I think parkerbink is selling a bunch of goodies that you can use, from his old vert.
                              Thanks man! I was just glad it didn't rain on the wedding and we were able to depart with the top down haha

Yeah, I plan on keeping this car until I die. Maybe even longer. I'm not opposed to getting more E30s or an E24 or doing some crazy engine swap some day, but this car will never leave my collection willingly. I'll check out what he's selling and see if there's anything I can nab. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

what wheel spacers and center rings are on it?

Hey man I love your ride it looks really good and congrats on the wedding. I was wondering I have the same rims but they don't seem to fit just right on my car and I would imagine they are the same on yours. Do you know what wheel spacers and center rings are on it? thanks Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X