OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    I plan on 31s or 33s, Probably the 3rz swap from the newer taco or a 3.4 swap.
    Thats gona be nice :)
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Did some small stuff to the new truck today. 2017 TRD Sport V6 6 speed
      After I sell my e30 I am planning on a Icon stage 2 kit and some wheels and tires.

Before
      Untitled by Jeremy Nugent, on Flickr

After TRD Pro Grille

Some side steps the lady wanted

New truck and old truck with special lady friend hahaha

These are the wheels Im planning on getting
      Last edited by deutschman; 10-17-2017, 10:26 AM.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
        These are the wheels Im planning on getting
        I was pretty set on those until I found out they're actually reps of these:

v97/98パジェロユーザー様オススメホイールの紹介。 v97/98パジェロの4POTキャリパーはなかなかキャリパーをか…

I thought they were a unique design specific to Stealth :\

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          I was pretty set on those until I found out they're actually reps of these:

v97/98パジェロユーザー様オススメホイールの紹介。 v97/98パジェロの4POTキャリパーはなかなかキャリパーをか…

I thought they were a unique design specific to Stealth :\
          That doesn't bother me much. I can order them in the English language from Stealth. hahaha
          sigpic

Comment

Nice truck deutschman! I thought the new tacomas came with 6 speed transmissions though? At least my friends father's 2011 TRD TX truck came with one.

I parked out of my way at school because I find it funny to park next to other tacos, hopefully he appreciated as much as I did. The size difference is pretty big, and honestly as much as I would love a newer tacoma I have no reason or want to give up this little 2wd truck.

-Dee
            5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
            IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
              Nice truck deutschman! I thought the new tacomas came with 6 speed transmissions though? At least my friends father's 2011 TRD TX truck came with one.

I parked out of my way at school because I find it funny to park next to other tacos, hopefully he appreciated as much as I did. The size difference is pretty big, and honestly as much as I would love a newer tacoma I have no reason or want to give up this little 2wd truck.

Oh yeah it is a 6. My bad. Stuck in 5 speed land in my head lol
              Yeah size is way different. We also have a '86 SR5 truck with a lot of mods, and its smaller but with all the bumpers and the lift and bigger tires, it doesn't look that much smaller anymore.
              sigpic

Comment

Any fellow WA guys looking to do some ORV parks or other off road trips? I dont know anyone ells up here, and its not to much fun to do drives by your self.
                The lady friend and I are going to do Tahuya (super easy) and a night of camping, and then head over and do the Fortune Creek Trail and another night of camping. Taking off tomorrow.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                  Any fellow WA guys looking to do some ORV parks or other off road trips? I dont know anyone ells up here, and its not to much fun to do drives by your self.
                  The lady friend and I are going to do Tahuya (super easy) and a night of camping, and then head over and do the Fortune Creek Trail and another night of camping. Taking off tomorrow.
                  If you want to come up to Burlington Id be down to do walker valley sometime, I need to make it down south to the parks surrounding Mt. Raineer too sometime soon.

Kinda wondering how closed down Walker valley will be this winter, I want to do some snow wheeling pictures.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                    If you want to come up to Burlington Id be down to do walker valley sometime, I need to make it down south to the parks surrounding Mt. Raineer too sometime soon.

Kinda wondering how closed down Walker valley will be this winter, I want to do some snow wheeling pictures.
                    Yeah Ill hit you up for that. Snow wheeling would be fun, and maybe a Christmas tree hunting trip.
                    sigpic

Comment

The GF and I did part of the Fortune Creek Jeep trail today. Iv been double and triple checking all my GPS and paper maps, because that shit was WAY harder then all the online videos and trail reports made it out to be.
                      NWJeepn has it listed as EASY and "Although not technically difficult." So ether the trail report is old and the trail has changed a lot, or we were on the wrong trail. But I dont think we were.
                      It was almost to much for our bone stock TRD Sport. Only because of ride height and suspension flex. The 4x4 system and stock tires performed amazingly well. I thought the OEM tires would suck.
                      Most of the trail was just stones and roots with lots of very tight turns around trees and steep uphill sections I had to do in 4L. The trail also had a real good axle twister section that made or truck make some very interesting noises.
                      It was exciting and fun for me although I was worried about fucking up our new truck. The GF how ever was scared shitless lol
                      I wish we had some pictures of the trail, but I was to concentrated on getting us and the truck up the trail in one piece and the GF was holding on for dear life and mumbling to her self.
                      Pictures after we got of the Jeep trail and onto a regular forest road.

I ordered this after selling the e30. I guess I should migrate to a Toyota forum, but I like it here.
                      2016-up-toyota-tacoma-0-275-suspension-system-stage3-w-tubular-uca by Jeremy Nugent, on Flickr
                      sigpic

Comment

One of us, one of us.

Youll have to get some actual sliders soon!
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

First mod.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Nice. I've got to figure out what I'm going to do for a car once I ditch the BRZ.

I'm leaning back towards building an Exocet, then I'll get a diesel Canyon as a DD.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

lambo, there are some stickers stuck to your tire

Comment

Working...
                                X