Red46 Sump Armor Skid Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Can't wait to get my M20 plate on the car!
    Shipped! :D

Comment

Do I need to pull the radiator to drill the holes for the front part? Im hoping to do this soon
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I lived dangerously and got away with it.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Do I need to pull the radiator to drill the holes for the front part? Im hoping to do this soon
          You don't have to, just need to be careful to not drill a hole in it. Just hold a block of wood or something on the top side of that pinch weld.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
            balls of steel Sir

Originally posted by Red46 View Post
            You don't have to, just need to be careful to not drill a hole in it. Just hold a block of wood or something on the top side of that pinch weld.
            Ok, I was hoping a block of wood eould be enough

:up:
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Minivi View Post
              Will this work for a e30 s52 swap??
              I know there are multiple variations of this but I have a s52 swap with this plate, they do fit. Ill have to double check the pan I am using but im definitely running this skid plate with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by grandtapestry View Post
                I know there are multiple variations of this but I have a s52 swap with this plate, they do fit. Ill have to double check the pan I am using but im definitely running this skid plate with no issues.
                Looks like this question was asked and answered back in 2012 but, yes. The "24V Swap" version will work with the S52 swap as long as it is using the E34 M50 oil pan (which is pretty much every 24V swap out there).

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                  I didn't even think about it and on the last hole I tagged one of the fins on the radiator. Lucky for me I had a spare that I was able to replace the same day and get on the road. I've got another plate to install and this time I will be more careful.
                  318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                  '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Looks like this question was asked and answered back in 2012 but, yes. The "24V Swap" version will work with the S52 swap as long as it is using the E34 M50 oil pan (which is pretty much every 24V swap out there).
                    Soon as I posted this I immediately saw it was a thread from years ago

Comment

Originally posted by grandtapestry View Post
                      Soon as I posted this I immediately saw it was a thread from years ago
                      haha, no worries. We've all done it

Comment

since this got bumped, do you make m30 swap plates? or will a 24v swap plate work just fine?
                        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                          since this got bumped, do you make m30 swap plates? or will a 24v swap plate work just fine?
                          Yes, I sure do. I make one specifically for the M30 swap.

Comment

Black Friday Sale is live!
                            15% off and free shipping (conUS)

Comment

Maybe a stupid question but what carrier do you use for shipping? FedEx Home Delivery is flaky in my area and often looses packages. Need one of these for my 24v swap - thanks.

Comment

Black Friday Sale is live!
                                15% off and free shipping (conUS)
                                Just ordered my 3rd one. [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X