Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New H&R Coilover Setup (no welding required!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New H&R Coilover Setup (no welding required!)

Hey R3v,

Saw this article recently on Stanceworks:

Take a look down and see the pictures - it's a full setup that allegedly does NOT require welding. It's not on the H&R website yet, and so far this is the only article I've found on it. It's dated pretty recently (2 months ago) so hopefully we'll get more info on it soon.

If they make an E30 M3 version, I'm excited to see if this could be a viable option for a front 5-lug swap as well.

Wanted to share with you guys. Happy Monday.

That's pretty cool of them to offer that, but I would imagine it's the same as the full GC kit that comes ready to install with the buyer supplying housings or giving them cores. I would guess the only way you could get an e30 m3 kit would be to give them e30 m3 struts to modify.

My MCS's were "bolt on" as well... They had already built the dampers into housings and I supplied cores.

Still good to have another option though, for sure. If they are actually building housings that would be awesome, but I think the chances of that are slim-to-none
    Last edited by Jb325is; 05-01-2017, 09:45 AM.
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I think Mike (the article author) has been posting on his Instagram lately that they are doing some R&D on the setup with H&R and that they should be available shortly.

Maybe its worth contacting them now about doing a group buy?
      Steve • Toronto
      1991 318is • Brillantrot
      Build Thread

Comment

Hmm, thats pretty interesting. Sub'd for updates.
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Nice article...but not sure these would be good for the track
          NASA
          BMWCCA member
          PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
          1997 M3 sedan
          2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

That's my car in the article. H&R use stock struts that you send them, separate the tube from the knuckle, and weld in their own threaded shock. So instead of installing a strut insert into your housings, these are one piece.

I went with the "Deep" model Coilover, which is an extreme lowering kit. There is still about 2" to got down from where you see it, but they offer a normal lowering kit as well.

I drive my car pretty hard, and I can say that these are way better than my previous GC/Bilstein kit in both handling and ride. The shocks are matched to the springs from the factory, so the ride control and bump absorption are amazing straight out of the box. I'll be at the track this summer, so stay tuned for actual track results.

Mike and I have been closely working with H&R to bring these back to market. We're still working on final retail pricing, but if you have any questions in the meantime feel free to pm me directly.
            Byron
            Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post

I'll be at the track this summer, so stay tuned for actual track results.

Motor swap going to be done by then?
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Motor swap going to be done by then?
                m10 powa
                Byron
                Leichtbau

Comment

m10 powa

#neverlift
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by cheeunit890 View Post
                    Hey R3v,

Saw this article recently on Stanceworks:

Take a look down and see the pictures - it's a full setup that allegedly does NOT require welding. It's not on the H&R website yet, and so far this is the only article I've found on it. It's dated pretty recently (2 months ago) so hopefully we'll get more info on it soon.

If they make an E30 M3 version, I'm excited to see if this could be a viable option for a front 5-lug swap as well.

Wanted to share with you guys. Happy Monday.
                    They used to make two variants of them and stopped when BMW stopped making fron struts available. I had the Nurberg variant on my white m3, bit too stiff for my taste and I have J-stock on my red one that are more compliant.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Thank you for chiming in! Please post up your thoughts once you get some track time in these.

That's my car in the article. H&R use stock struts that you send them, separate the tube from the knuckle, and weld in their own threaded shock. So instead of installing a strut insert into your housings, these are one piece.

I went with the "Deep" model Coilover, which is an extreme lowering kit. There is still about 2" to got down from where you see it, but they offer a normal lowering kit as well.

I drive my car pretty hard, and I can say that these are way better than my previous GC/Bilstein kit in both handling and ride. The shocks are matched to the springs from the factory, so the ride control and bump absorption are amazing straight out of the box. I'll be at the track this summer, so stay tuned for actual track results.

Mike and I have been closely working with H&R to bring these back to market. We're still working on final retail pricing, but if you have any questions in the meantime feel free to pm me directly.

Comment

In for future pricing information.
                        sigpic

Comment

Any updates on these? They sound promising.

Comment

interested as well
                            '87 Vert, Black, 5-sp
                            '15 Civic Si, White - Daily commuter
                            '15 MB C300 Sport, White/Cranberry - Wife's

Comment

Interested to know if they would do this for IX struts.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                              X