No announcement yet.

R.I.P Chester Benningtion from Linkin Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the news and jumped on Spotify- sure enough they had a tribute album up already. I used to listen to Linkin Park a lot in high school, couldn't help but tearing up a little. LP apparently played a bigger role in my high school days than I had remembered.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

music is crap, not legend, also

i like how people got triggered with people said meh.

all these millionaires just cant handle it i guess. I can assure you i would not be depressed with millions.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Dagamus(NM) View Post
        Sad for his wife and kids. His music is godawful.
        I didn't have a clue who this guy was till I googled his name.

When all his early work was getting popular and becoming more mainstream, I avoided anything that sounded remotely similar to this stuff. The negativity and darkness of the lyrics was enough to turn me away. No worries tho, as I'm probably not in their target audience (not Caucasian).

I will admit that his voice has a certain "je ne sais quoi" that's a contrasting bright with warmth, despite the darkness of the lyrics and song content.
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Long time fan of the older stuff. This one hit me pretty good yesterday. Combine that with the whole killing himself on Chris Cornell's 53rd b-day thing...that bummed me out pretty good :/

RIP, thanks for all you did for us troubled kids over the years. I hope he's at peace now.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
            i like how people got triggered with people said meh.
            I was so triggered, I had to listen to linkin park just to calm down.

I think he's a legend, which is subjective, obviously. I just don't see the point of replying to this thread with a comment like that.

It's like walking into domino's just to say, "Pizza is, meh"
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
              I was so triggered, I had to listen to linkin park just to calm down.

I think he's a legend, which is subjective, obviously. I just don't see the point of replying to this thread with a comment like that.

Matt-B is probably a great guy (Who makes great products, btw) but he, and others, obviously had very poor situational awareness skills here in this thread. People feel necessary to insert their own opinions in situations that clearly do not require them.

You didn't start this thread to debate his epicness/lack of epicness. You simply wanted to bring to light a relative 'tragedy' in your own life, which is completely fine.

Some do not have the capacity to see past the reason you started this thread, and feel it is worthwhile to appear the ass and interject with their own opinion, which is also completely acceptable for them to have, but placement is an important factor.

To each their own I suppose, but pissing on someone who is mourning a loss of life is a pretty clear peek into who they are at that moment.
              My previous build (currently E30-less)
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Quite subjective. You posted your opinion, I posted mine. As far as I was concerned, that was the end of it. I didn't say he was meh, I said "meh" to your opinion that he was "a legend."

To wit: the pizza analogy works if I were eating in a pizza place and someone said "Pizza is one of the best things ever!" and I disagreed with them saying I thought pizza was okay but I could take it or leave it, nor did I think it qualified as one of the all-time greatest foods.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                  Quite subjective. You posted your opinion, I posted mine. As far as I was concerned, that was the end of it. I didn't say he was meh, I said "meh" to your opinion that he was "a legend."

To wit: the pizza analogy works if I were eating in a pizza place and someone said "Pizza is one of the best things ever!" and I disagreed with them saying I thought pizza was okay but I could take it or leave it, nor did I think it qualified as one of the all-time greatest foods.
                  Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                  Matt-B is probably a great guy (Who makes great products, btw) but he, and others, obviously had very poor situational awareness skills here in this thread. People feel necessary to insert their own opinions in situations that clearly do not require them.

You didn't start this thread to debate his epicness/lack of epicness. You simply wanted to bring to light a relative 'tragedy' in your own life, which is completely fine.

Some do not have the capacity to see past the reason you started this thread, and feel it is worthwhile to appear the ass and interject with their own opinion, which is also completely acceptable for them to have, but placement is an important factor.

To each their own I suppose, but pissing on someone who is mourning a loss of life is a pretty clear peek into who they are at that moment.
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

It's a discussion forum. People discuss things. As far as I'm aware the only place dissenting/negative opinions are explicitly prohibited is in the Classifieds and Members Rides subforums.
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Got it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                        It's a discussion forum. People discuss things. As far as I'm aware the only place dissenting/negative opinions are explicitly prohibited is in the Classifieds and Members Rides subforums.
                        Definitely agree with you on all of those fronts.

But maybe, just maybe, the kinder, more beneficial, and, some would argue, better, thing to do is to quietly keep your opinions to yourself in a situation such as this.

Ya know, that whole 'golden rule' thing?
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Knowing when it would better to hold your tongue instead of voicing your opinion is a pretty valuable skill.

As for the suggestion that being a millionaire somehow means you won't suffer from depression - wow. It's clear you've never dealt with any serious depression, and I hope you never do. Money can't buy you happiness.

Comment

:popcorn:
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

they say $ cant buy happiness

i do believe it can, and it can help maximize your current happiness level. I dont understand how people get so miserable with loads of cash, and success, I had my cards, and indentity compermised yesterday, and it didnt affect me in the slighest. Maybe its different, if your in the serivce, and you had to shoot a family or kid, you maybe thought had a bomb. I get not being able to live with things or events in that way, or maybe your whole family was killed in some horrific way. I Also dont understand how everyone today on facebook is a suicide expert...its like suicide is only important to discuss when someone famous does it. Even though its happens by the minute

OT

thanks for saying Im a nice guy btw. It just seems like everyone is using his death to sort of "be cool for thinking of killing themselves" years ago. I see it allll over FB, IG, etc
                              Last edited by Matt-B; 07-21-2017, 01:04 PM.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Well, in Chester's case, he was horrifically abused as a child, sexually, for almost 7 years. Then, he started to write music about him dealing with depression, which was caused by said assaults. He achieved fame and fortune by writing music about what ruined him mentally and emotionally.

How do you expect that to make him happy?

You think a porsche will make you forget about getting slammed in the ass at 7 years old?

Get the fuck out of here. Depression lies on a spectrum, it's not as narrow as you seem to believe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X