No announcement yet.

Anyone into New Mini Coopers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first R53, picked it up for 7 grand back in 2014, had 100k miles, came with CAI, 17% pulley, Tein springs. Eventually installed coilovers and Rotiform NUEs as shown in photo.
    Attached Files

Comment

Motor mounts are a common problem on both gens of the cars.
      i got mine from www.greeneperformance.com
      Generally speaking i stay away from M7.
      Another important upgrade for the R56 chassis is the intercooler.
      Helix13 in PA makes a good one thats made here in the US.
      Detroit tuned is another good resource.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
        And the front fender wheel lining needs to come out for a lot of procedures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yeah, a daily driver I have to do that much work to just to gain access, to me, just isn't worth it.
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
          Yeah, a daily driver I have to do that much work to just to gain access, to me, just isn't worth it.
          It takes about 30 minutes to take off the front end and passenger fender liner. Unless you are replacing vital components every month, I don't see it being that annoying.. To be clear I'm talking r53 here though *shrug*
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

girlfriend has R56 cooper base 6spd and that car is amazing.
            70K miles of all smiles. basic maintenance since new.

Car Currently has:
            BC coilovers (street car only so its nice)
            15" enkei 92
            K&N intake
            Carbon stubby antennae
            Broadway rear view mirror
            Swapped front and rear channels so Sound system has better bass.

Looking to get the euro flash so you can shut windows with the key
            and other euro features.

Comment

sometimes i miss my r53, sometimes...
              [/url]
              sigpic

Comment

I had an R53, fun car, amazing fwd, but still fwd.

Comment

Like R53's but don't see myself purchasing one, For a front driver they are deceiving in their handling like a rwd.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

1200 mile round trip to San Diego this last weekend. She never skipped a beat :)

Any other MCS love out there?
                    Build Threads:
                    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

I still haven't given up on my quest to pick up a touring someday, but I must admit the Mini Coopers have caught my eye in recent months (full disclosure: I've never driven or been a passenger in one). My biggest concern is the dependability issue....this would be my DD. I've spent time on Mini forums reading about the various issues, they mostly impact S models. If I were to give a Mini serious consideration, I would probably look at the R56 (second gen) cars, and a non-S model. The Clubman is rather cool....more room and versatility than the standard 3-door hatch.

Jon
                      Rides...
                      1991 325i - sold :(
                      2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

I drove the newest clubman recently and the sight lines straight out the back are horrendous. Between the split rear doors and the headrests you've got about a 8" square space on either side to see out the back. Drove alright, but I will admit that it's rather tame feeling compared to the first gen coopers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i View Post
                          I still haven't given up on my quest to pick up a touring someday, but I must admit the Mini Coopers have caught my eye in recent months (full disclosure: I've never driven or been a passenger in one). My biggest concern is the dependability issue....this would be my DD. I've spent time on Mini forums reading about the various issues, they mostly impact S models. If I were to give a Mini serious consideration, I would probably look at the R56 (second gen) cars, and a non-S model. The Clubman is rather cool....more room and versatility than the standard 3-door hatch.

Jon
                          come drive mine ;D

But really, get an r53, they are the most reliable IMHO. If you can work on an e30, this thing is easy.
                          Build Threads:

Comment

^agreed. I don't think I could stand driving one, especially an R56(heavier), without forced induction. And yes, most of it's easy DIY, just tighter engine bay.

Comment

I love the Mini's I just wish it was RWD. I almost bought an R53 back in the day.
                              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Julien how long did you keep yours? Seems like it lasted a while
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X