Royalblau with Cardinal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royalblau with Cardinal?

So I have a bit of a dilemma. I'm in the planning stages of my project, a '87 Royalblau 325 coupe. Absolutely love the Royalblau, but it's got a pretty tatty beige houndstooth interior with comfort seats.
    By pure chance, I ended up finding a nearly complete Alpine White/Cardinal '87 325iS in the scrapyard the other day. Ended up getting the whole car for scrap price, so I can't complain.
    Anyone done a blue E30 with red interior?

If you like it do it for yourself if you are able to still be happy if someone tells you they do not care for the combination.The factory colors that were combined with the cardinal interiors in my opinion are all ok ,just different ,but I am biased owing alpine / Cardinal.Blue / Cardinal is more bold but could look good if the rest of the car is done well also ,....Other option is sell me one sport seat in excellent condition and install the usual black interior ,then you might make two people happy.

Comment

ha ha ha /\

Comment

In my mind red and blue have to be certain shades to match well. Cardinal usually compliments monochromatic colors like white, black, and gray. You should try it and post pics so we can see what it looks like. I haven't seen a blue/red e30 yet but I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about it

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
          In my mind red and blue have to be certain shades to match well. Cardinal usually compliments monochromatic colors like white, black, and gray. You should try it and post pics so we can see what it looks like. I haven't seen a blue/red e30 yet but I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about it
          I agree.The shade of a color is very important,for instance some of the brighter shades of red interior can be overwhelming even if you like a red interior .cherry red and pinky reds are more difficult to make work with some exterior colors .I like the brick red interior on my alpine car but if it was any brighter I probably would not have gone in that direction.Maybe someone can photoshop a blue exterior with a reddish interior.

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
            Cardinal usually compliments monochromatic colors like white, black, and gray.
            Blue is also monochromatic....?

OP, I'd say getting red and blue to work together is going to be tough. Each is going to take impact away from the other instead of complimenting each other.
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I think itd look pretty damn tasty if everything else is clean
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

That's definitely going to be a bold statement. Try it out and see how you like it. Take some pics as well. I'm sure many are curious to see it.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Cardinal is hideous. Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by cunninglinguist View Post
                    Cardinal is hideous. Just sayin.
                    good thing your opinion is not worth anything?
                    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                    (Daily Driver)
                    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                    KW V2 Coilovers
                    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Working...
                    X