Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nairb View Post
    FIXED. Read here.

Well, looks like my crankshaft sensor was bad. The sensor I replaced it with was defective and caused the car not to start at all. New crank sensor, new plugs and now the car is back to it's normal state! Finally, I have my car back!

Still needs a nice wash, and unfortunately I sold my BBS's so it's on weaves for now, but I'm so happy it's running well again.

It was the crankshaft sensor!

Told you this 9 months ago!!! Glad it's all fixed now!! ;)
    sigpic
    BMW e30 318is
    BMW e30 318iC
    BMW e28 528is
    Range Rover HSE
    Ferrari F355 GTB

Comment

was it a bosch replacement crank sensor? kinda had a wrong orientation at the sensor mount, compared to stock? if so, it was the amplitude (wave form height) causing the issue. BMW factory sensor, is the only way to go on this.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNGLISTluder View Post
        Told you this 9 months ago!!! Glad it's all fixed now!! ;)
        I know mate, believe me I wanted this car fixed but after having thrown so much money at the problem and then having it get worse, just kind of takes the passion out of the whole ordeal. Plus I had another e30 to fool around with.. I do appreciate your help though.

Originally posted by gt88 View Post
        was it a bosch replacement crank sensor? kinda had a wrong orientation at the sensor mount, compared to stock? if so, it was the amplitude (wave form height) causing the issue. BMW factory sensor, is the only way to go on this.
        Yes it was. Wow I had no idea the amplitude would be different for a factory recommended sensor.. I also did not read about this anywhere. This is good information, I wish I had know this 15 months ago.

Thanks everyone.
        My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

Working...
        X